Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Battletoads! (Ludicolo-Swampert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Hawk

This is mostly a fun deck because of it's slow speed and low HP and NU pokémon, but it provides some use for our long-time missing friend, Ludicolo.

Pokemon (25):
3-2-3 Ludicolo SW
2-2 Mantine MT
2-1-2 Swampert GE (Mudkip CG with body)
2-2 Claydol GE
3 Luvdisc CG
1 Suicune SW

Trainers (20):
4 Steven's Advice

4 Master Ball (if your eyes are hurting, switch with Celio's Network)
3 Dual Balls (-"-, with Roseanne's Research)
4 Rare Candy
1 Night Maintenance
1 Warp Point

2 Battle Frontier
1 Lake Boundary

Energy (15):
10 Water
3 DRE
2 Scramble

Strategy: Start with Luvdisc, and fill your bench with Mantyke, Baltoy, Mudkip and 2 Lotads. Preferably evolve Claydol first and load up Lotad, as you might get to attacking position with it. Get some stadium in and proceed with attacking.

This deck revolves around Ludicolo's body, which heals you for 1 damage counter per between turns. Mantine makes their retreat free, and Swampert is there to insta-load the next Ludicolo which steps to the active position. Stadiums boost Ludicolo's (and Luvdisc's, btw) attack and make it a bit harder to your opponent also. If you can drag it to the endgame with GG and setup perfectly, GG maxes 60 damage per turn... you can heal it off in 3 turns with Ludicolo. Well, at the most times you won't get that far, but there's always a change.

Yeps, I left out most of the supporters, as they can and will be used against you. Dual ball because of Great Ball's auto benching effect (you don't want to bench Mantine as basic pokémon) and Master Ball to search the upcoming cards instead of the ones Claydol just threw away.

It's Battletoads TCG!

That would be nice, but I would have to drop Claydol out and it would drastically decrease the speed of this deck. The bench space is a bit tight also: you want to have at least 2 Ludicolos, a Swampert, Claydol and Mantine (and you usually have something more). Another option is to drop out whole Swampert line as you can't really fit 5 lines in one deck (even 4 seems a bit too much if there wasn't Claydol).

I recently played in a tournament and had hard time getting stuff up with Empoleon-Palkia X-Mantine because there wasn't Claydol... and there wasn't Claydol because I didn't want it gusted in every time I used Palkia's power.

What would you suggest for me to take out to get Palkia Lv.X in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back