Best defense against Pokémon ex?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by pokedood68, Mar 29, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. pokedood68

pokedood68 New Member

what is the best card to defend against ex pokemon i think wobbafett should i kepp it or should i switch it with somthing better

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2004
  2. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Well since you are discussing a single card, i'll just move it to the appropriate forum. The Deck Help and Strategy forum is for posting your deck and getting help fixing it.

3. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

Wobbuffet is the best I think, but in decks that use fighting pokemon (for example to tech against Lightning in a Water deck) then Hariyama (#8 from Ruby/Sapphire) works well too. It's kills all ex pokermon in two turns, exept Wailord ex. It does 80 damage to ex-pokemon, 40 to others, for [F] [C] [C] energy.

4. Masamune156

Masamune156 New Member

The rare Team Magma's Mightyena does 80 damage to an EX for D,C,C (Which means you could actually do even more than that).

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  5. weebl

weebl New Member

wob or shedinja

6. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel Active Member

I wouldn't use Shedinja. He's much too easily killed.

7. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Yeah so different pokemon depending on which ex to counter. BAR is so good because it can take down all of them.

8. pokedood68

pokedood68 New Member

what is bar

9. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Blaziken/Ampharos (exp)/Rayquaza =BAR
    The strategy of the deck is to use Blaziken's Firestarter to attach extra Fire nrgs to the bench, move it to the active Rayquaza with Ampharos' power. Unleash a huge attack with Rayquaza that can ko anything. The same concept can be applied with Ninetales (exp) instead of Quaza and High Pressure System to get Tales to the bench so you don't need Amphy. Its the best deck in the format.

10. pokedood68

pokedood68 New Member

thanks how do u make that deck
    am i allowwed to ask this question
    my first time here

11. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Very simple, go down to the Deck Help and Strategy forum, and read the BARs posted there.

12. If i was heading against ex's id go with this idea.

13. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

Ninetales will be a very good defense against ex when it comes out in the next set