Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

binder card storage

ascoot

Hello guys,

I am new and would like to store my old set in binder pages. I think this looks nicer and I can organize my cards how I choose. I currently use pro ultra pro sleeves inside of regular top-loaded hard cases.

Is binder storage a safe way to store holos? I would like something that won't allow the cards to bend. Any specific brands/suggestions? Links would be helpful, too.

Appreciate any and all advice, thank you!

Safest way to store your cards would be to keep them in the toploaders and buy a toploader binder. They are a bit pricey, but will be well worth it in the long run if you intend to keep your cards in tip-top shape.

Regular binders can damage cards over time. If too many pages are in one binder, the combination of weight and gravity will cause the cards towards the bottom to bend. Also, a good rule of thumb is to store your binders standing up, not laying down. Laying them down will cause gravity to work against you, and the cards will slowly bend over time not matter how many are being stored.

Safest way to store your cards would be to keep them in the toploaders and buy a toploader binder. They are a bit pricey, but will be well worth it in the long run if you intend to keep your cards in tip-top shape.

Regular binders can damage cards over time. If too many pages are in one binder, the combination of weight and gravity will cause the cards towards the bottom to bend. Also, a good rule of thumb is to store your binders standing up, not laying down. Laying them down will cause gravity to work against you, and the cards will slowly bend over time not matter how many are being stored.

thank you! could you please recommend some good cases/binder pages that you have mentioned above? brand/website where i can buy them?

appreciate it :)

also looking for any other combos that have worked aside from top loaders.

Last edited:
thank you! could you please recommend some good cases/binder pages that you have mentioned above? brand/website where i can buy them?

appreciate it :)

also looking for any other combos that have worked aside from top loaders.

You can buy the toploader binders here:

http://www.toploaderbinder.com/shop.php

One of the downsides is that the pages can only hold 6 loaders per page. However, it is still the best way to store your cards that are in toploaders.

I personally store my cards in penny sleeves and toploaders. I keep them in a shoe-box (I know, how unoriginal of me) until I get them graded. Then I don't have to worry too much about their condition, as they are in a nice hard case :thumb:

Last edited:
You can buy the toploader binders here:

http://www.toploaderbinder.com/shop.php

One of the downsides is that the pages can only hold 4 loaders per page. However, it is still the best way to store your cards that are in toploaders.

I personally store my cards in penny sleeves and toploaders. I keep them in a shoe-box (I know, how unoriginal of me) until I get them graded. Then I don't have to worry too much about their condition, as they are in a nice hard case :thumb:

thanks for the reply.

by penny sleeves, do you mean ones like the ultra pro deck sleeves i mentioned, or are there better?

thanks for the reply.

by penny sleeves, do you mean ones like the ultra pro deck sleeves i mentioned, or are there better?

Penny sleeves are cheaper. Just simple plastic sleeves. You can usually get 100 for a dollar (hence the name :thumb:)

Thanks for the toploader binder info sole, had never seen those. Myself, I keep my collection (recent cards) in ultra pro black sleeves and then in ultra pro pro binders.

Penny sleeves are cheaper. Just simple plastic sleeves. You can usually get 100 for a dollar (hence the name :thumb:)

Thanks for the toploader binder info sole, had never seen those. Myself, I keep my collection (recent cards) in ultra pro black sleeves and then in ultra pro pro binders.

do the ultra pro binder pages fit cards in ultra pro sleeves well? one card in each spot or can you do back to back?

thanks!

The Ultra Pro "Pro" binders are sideloaders. They do fit cards in sleeves (I've even stuffed 5 per slot) and both sides of the sheet can be used (as there's a black backing in between so the cards don't touch each other).

Cheaper than Monster binders, but I do find that the plastic sleeves in Monster binders scuff less.

The Ultra Pro "Pro" binders are sideloaders. They do fit cards in sleeves (I've even stuffed 5 per slot) and both sides of the sheet can be used (as there's a black backing in between so the cards don't touch each other).

Cheaper than Monster binders, but I do find that the plastic sleeves in Monster binders scuff less.

1. do i need a specific binder, or just a D ring binder for ultra pro pages?

2. also, are monster binders actually binders or just the sleeve pages, or both?

3. do ultra pro sleeves fit in the monster binder pages? or do i need a different kind of individual plastic sleeve for those pages?

sorry for all of the questions =/ but thank you!

1 pro binders are actual binders. I'd link you, but I'm posting mobile.
2 monster binders are also full binders (sewn in pages)
3 yep, cards inside ultra pro sleeves fit just fine

1 pro binders are actual binders. I'd link you, but I'm posting mobile.
2 monster binders are also full binders (sewn in pages)
3 yep, cards inside ultra pro sleeves fit just fine

thanks man. i did some of my own research and discovered you had already posted when you came back. i think i like the ultra pro binders more from reviews and what not. from your experience, will ultra pro binder protect holos well if they're in ultra pro deck sleeves as well? or is it not worth taking expensive holos out of top-loader hard cases?

---------- Post added 04/26/2013 at 12:57 PM ----------

anyone actually use binders for expensive cards?

thanks man. i did some of my own research and discovered you had already posted when you came back. i think i like the ultra pro binders more from reviews and what not. from your experience, will ultra pro binder protect holos well if they're in ultra pro deck sleeves as well? or is it not worth taking expensive holos out of top-loader hard cases?

---------- Post added 04/26/2013 at 12:57 PM ----------

anyone actually use binders for expensive cards?

i'm afraid if i use a binder, the cards may bend/warm slightly since they're not in top loaders.

i'm afraid if i use a binder, the cards may bend/warm slightly since they're not in top loaders.

I use standard 1/2 inch binders to store all my non-holo set cards. I store my holos/URs in toploaders however. I use ultra pro pocket pages as well, and not the cheaper ones. The are pretty sturdy and my cards seem to stay in great condition.

I also buy the sturdier 1/2 inch binders, which cost about $2.75 a piece. I store each set in it's own individual binder, that way I don't have to worry about storing too many in one binder.

I use standard 1/2 inch binders to store all my non-holo set cards. I store my holos/URs in toploaders however. I use ultra pro pocket pages as well, and not the cheaper ones. The are pretty sturdy and my cards seem to stay in great condition.

I also buy the sturdier 1/2 inch binders, which cost about $2.75 a piece. I store each set in it's own individual binder, that way I don't have to worry about storing too many in one binder.

ok, thank you.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-PRO-BINDER-Leatherette-Sideloading/dp/B004FVJDV2

is this the ultra pro binder that people here are referring to? (hopefully links are ok)

also, is this the same thing as the above, just not padded covers?

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-UP8...d=1367099428&sr=8-4&keywords=ultra+pro+binder

and lastly, kmc sleeves vs ultra pro? any pros/cons? will the kmc sleeves fit into the ultra pro binder pages?

thank you!

Last edited:
ok, thank you.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-PRO-BINDER-Leatherette-Sideloading/dp/B004FVJDV2

is this the ultra pro binder that people here are referring to? (hopefully links are ok)

also, is this the same thing as the above, just not padded covers?

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-UP8...d=1367099428&sr=8-4&keywords=ultra+pro+binder

and lastly, kmc sleeves vs ultra pro? any pros/cons? will the kmc sleeves fit into the ultra pro binder pages?

thank you!

I always buy Ultra Pro products when it comes to storing cards, as they are the most popular and the best at protecting your cards (in my opinion).

Also, ultra pro sleeves will fit inside those ultra pro binders.

I use Ultra Pro's "Pro-Fit" sleeves. They're cut incredibly tight to the standard card size so they fit perfectly fine in pages, as well as doubling up for deck sleeves.

I always buy Ultra Pro products when it comes to storing cards, as they are the most popular and the best at protecting your cards (in my opinion).

Also, ultra pro sleeves will fit inside those ultra pro binders.

i like ultra pro sleeves as well. i used them on my collection several, several years ago and never knew it. are those 2 ultra binders that i linked the ones that people usually buy? they look very similar minus the leather padded front.

Back