Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Black Books

LegendaryLugia

Watched a couple of episodes on TV and thought it was great. Recently bought the box set (Series 1-3) and have been watching it obsessively for the last week.

Any other Black Books fans out there?

So many.

Series 1

Cooking the Books: The skinheads, the church men who visit the shop, the very end with the revelation of the sphere.

Manny's First Day: The bar scene.

Grapes of Wrath: Ending, scrambled egg and shoe line, toast on the ceiling :D

The Blackout: The interrogation scene.

The Big Lock-Out: Graham Linehan as the fast food customer.

He's Leaving Home: Not a great episode.

Series 2

The Entertainer: Everything. The whole episode is pure genius. Probably the best episode.

Fever: The ending, the fan machine.

The Fixer: Gus.

Blood: Manny walking through the shop, the creatures and the murder of "the queen" and the one in the kitchen, gourmet pie.

Hello Sun: The Tibet line.

A Nice Change: Not a great episode.

I'll do Series 3 later.

You?

Last edited:
I have many favourites but the one scene that always cracks me up is Bernard and Manny trying to run a restaurant in the back of the shop! (Cooks have burns! AAAGH!)

---------- Post added 10/24/2010 at 04:01 PM ----------

I need to start watching it again :)

Fran: You know in Tibet if they want something do you know what they do? They give something away.

Bernard: They do, do they? That must be why they're such a dominant global power.

I know that's not from that episode but it's probably my favourite line from the whole series.

I love the Piano Episode, it's soooooo awesome!

I remember staying up til 1 on new years day watching it on Dave. ah.... good times!

"Here's your severance pay. I'm sorry most of it's in Finobian wooden dollars, but thats largly your fault!"

My favourite episode would have to be the Elephant and the Balloon episode though.
"We did write a childrens book, a good childrens book. But it was too good, so we burnt it."

You can watch it all on the Channel 4 iPlayer (or whatever it's called).

Bernard is hilariously sarcastic.

I like the one when Fran gets drunk on Life Cry

'You know you're in for a good night when there's a picture of a polar bear bleeding on the label'

Back