Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blaziken or ERL in Luxchomp

MrSmileyPants

So recently I decided I wanted to build Luxchomp for upcoming tournaments, and I've narrowed down the techs down to ERL and Blaziken FB LV. X. ERL is really good late game, but I think that Dialgachomp could be a big threat at states, so Blaziken would be the good play there. Which do you guys think would be better?

"narrowed down techs"
You mean you started to build the deck with techs in mind?
:nonono: bad practice!

In my experience Luxchomp's lategame isn't so bad if it's streamlined and quick (read: no techs), and it's supposed to be a favorable matchup over Dialga, so really either of those aren't terribly necessary. ERL takes up more space because you need to also add in Communication or some similar search.

They're both strong against Dialga, but you have a positive matchup anyways so why bother? Focus more on your Vilegar and mirror techs if you want to fair as highly as possible.

Both are great in my opinion. Techs in Luxchomp are needed in my opinion. Blaziken helps Dialga, Vilegar, and having a third attacker is great in all matchups.

Both are great in small tournaments where you don't need to rely on consistency throughout 10+ games.

Going into states, streamline the list for consistency.

Dialga is terrible and you already have a good MU vs it so dont play either just go for consistency.

Back