Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blaziking

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaidlesspez

I think I've finally made a good Slaking deck. My other one was way to inconsistent, though my idea not too far away from being good. I've taken Espy out, and now it's just Slaking and Blaziken. Without further adieu, here is the next archetype, BLAZIKING! ahahaha

Pokemon-22
4 Dunsparce
3 Slakoth (SS)
2 Vigoroth (SS)
3 Slaking
3 Torchic (DR)
2 Combusken (80 HP)
3 Blaziken (Holo)
2 Marill (Free Retreat)

Trainers-22
4 Professor Oak’s Research
4 Professor Elm’s Training Method
3 Rare Candy
3 TV Reporter
3 Oracle
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
1 Town Volunteers

Energy-16
10 Fire
4 Boost
2 Warp

The new strategy is to start attacking with preferably Blaziken, but Slaking is ok too, if I have a Blaziken on the bench. Blaziken discards an energy, next turn I firestarter it onto a benched Slaking or another Blaziken, put another energy on, and attack again. I keep doing this strategy the whole game, attacking and powering something up at the same time. Marill is there so I can switch/warp point and attack with Slaking two or more turns in a row. It's also nice to put out if something gets KO'd, so then I can use firestarter on my next attacker.

So, any suggestions, thoughts, ideas?

BTW, HypnosisProjectHQ, I'm not purposely stealing your brothers deck name, it's just that Slaken doesn't sound as good. So sorry bout that.

Last edited:
Yeah you were right all along, lol. My strategy was different before, but the strategy is better with the deck built this way I'll agree. I'll definately try maxing out on warps, the only thing is I'm not sure if 8 fire energies is enough.

wow, i just realized how evil slaking can be

its power (lazy) is evil if you can keep one out at all times, and switching it out allows it to attack again it seems, so those warp energies really seem to work here. the free retreat marrils work too, but what if you only get that in an opening hand? :rolleyes:

thats about the only problem :p

Glad more people are starting to see how good of a card Slaking is.

The deck looks awesome plaid. I agree with Venusaur on maxing the Warp Energies though. Warp is just broken is Slaking decks, you could work just one more in by taking out a PETM (3 work fine).

Anyhow, when I get my new PC in April and download Apprentice maybe we could test this out along with my Magilla Gojira deck. :D

Yes, plaid, your deck looks even more scary now, Espeon did seem to be a waste last time we battled at the CC, and you seemed to use it only for his free retreat, this deck looks a lot better now. I don't know if Delcatty would help, but it would get energies attached faster with Blaziken, and with Tv reporter, you can get a lot of cards every turn.
I hope to battle you at the next event in the area where that CC was and stuff...
I now know that slakoth is scary.... :)

Apprentice is a program that uses IRC to play Pokémon (originally intended for Magic).

You can download it off a few sites (pojo.com/pokemon for instance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back