Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BOOM HEADSHOT!!1my St.Louis CC report

spartan-104

ok so we decided like around last week we would go up to the Lou for some practice.i had know idea what i wanted to play for a while,i was back and forth between RL and powdacham until like the day before...so onto the report.

~Friday~
we get over to clays around 6:00 and head out,as usual i fall asleep for like 3 hours.so when i wake up we are almost there,we stop at around 9:45 or 10:00 for food,and the only thing that everyone could decide on was a chinese buffet.well while everyone is getting there food i go up to demarion and propose to him...he sadly declined :frown: .so we get to vinces house at like 11:30 and of course we playtest.i use powdacham just cuz it is completely built,i play masons venubliss and i go 1/2 against it,next i play demarions sharks and sparks deck and 2/0 it(so that made me feel a little better).i asked vince before he went to sleep what deck i should play for the tournament and he said powdacham.

~Saterday~
i wake up like 10 times during the night so i end up getting like 6 hours of sleep = /.so i am awake at like 7 and so is deeman so we playtest.the only deck he has is sharks and sparks so i 2/0 it again(with powdacham).then vince comes down with scizorgross and i play him once and win.he lets demarion try it and i 2/0 it.so at this point im like"...i guess i will play powdacham..."

~Tournement time~
we get to GG and wait around for a little while,then i realize i didnt bring my ultra pro case which has my trade stuff is in the car,as we are going out there i see...the four brothers of St,Louis(Q dramatic music)anthony E,Ben D,Eric P,and some guy...so i get my stuff out of the car and go back inside.i am watching anthony try to figure out what he can change with my RL to make it playable.he only changes like 2 cards out.(he is playing my RL btw).so as i am watching i try to steal his sandwich,but he says i can have it.so he wants to test against my powdacham so we do.i end up 2/0 before the tournement starts.

~PAIRINGS!~

round 1~some guy with spinning tail
once i saw the larvitars i knew i was in good shape,but of course i dont get medicham out until like turn 4 or 5,by this time he has like a 2 ttars out 1 is ready to fight but the other has no energy.so i lose my medicham that took so long to come out,pow up the ttar with no energy and PP the one thats powered up.he like attachs an energy and grinds for 2.so i pow that away and i think i devo flash his benchd ttar and PP 2 pebbles on it for the KO and put 1 on a pupitar.i think he grinds again so i retreat and i belive sky kick with another cham for the KO...so the rest of the match is blurry but i win eventually by koing all his Ttars.

(1/0)

inbetween rounds ben and anthony are making fun of me for running espeon with medicham..but o well,so i am nervous that something bad will happen.

round 2~ some guy with meganium and venusaur?
um i only saw his meganium line i think but since i didnt shut down any powers i decided to only pp a few times,then i started sky kicking relentlessly and er2ing(like 1 hit = /)until i eventually win.

(2/0)

so now its time for lunc,but im not hungry(probly cuz i ate anthonys sandwich)and aparently anthony isnt hungry either,so we play a few games.i beat him 2 games in a row but on the third game he almost wins do to a TMrock koing like 3 pokemon,but i am a total luck sack and i TD a psy energy to ko his ampharos,all he has left after that is like a jirachi.so i am like 5/0 against RL

round 3~ some gu...clay with powdacham
yay a mirror match = /.i figured the only way to win was to rush with epsy.which i think wasnt a good idea cuz i ended up getting powed alot.but i figure well i can still win,i only have 2 prizes left and i should be able to ko an ex right??well i use like 3 or 4 er2s none of which hit ,so im like well as long as i can pull a pokemon retriever i can retriver 3 pokes ,swoop to eevee evolve to espeon and psyloop for the win... so over 2 turns i get like 2 wishing stars,and a marys but no retriever so i lose.

(2/1) =/

round 4 ~some guy with shiftry??
well all he got to was nuzleaf so i win.

(3/1)

round 5~ my brother with NIDOQUEEN...
yay an autoloss =/ the game ends up going to time i have 2 prizes left and he has 1 i think.

i end up making T8 so here we go...

T8 ben D with powcham(no espeon)
game 1~
i am pretty sure i have the win do to espeon but to make sure i try to space my energy out so if he pows all it will do is hurt him.so after he misplays buy powing medicham with 70 damage on it up instead of putting an energy one it then pullin it up to ko.its like all down hill and he scoops when i have like 1 or 2 prizes left.

game 2~
i T2 snap tail with epseon on a lone meditite.

(2/0)

T4 clay again?1!?
game 1~
well i knew this time i would need support with espeons so i tried attaking with medcham first,and again leaving it so if he powd any energy it would only hurt him.i tried to put everyting at sixty so all i had to do was snap tail for a KO if it was active,and i could devo flash to get some KOs.so eventually i win.

game 2~
umm i get a really good hand but he hits like 2 er2s early so thats really damaging to my setup.umm it lasts a little while longer but i scooped cuz there was no way i was winning.

game 3~
this time its the other way a round i hit an Er2 really early(when i flip heads i quickly exclaim ALLAH IS REAL!111!!seeing asa this was the first er2 i hit in a while) and admin him early so i get my espeon and medichams out trying to damage him quickly.umm he scoops in a little while cuz there isnt really anything he can do.

YAY T3 people are from memphis woot~

right when we sit down for T2 vince says "is there anyway we can settle this later?"so we wait and go to CiCis pizza.after eating and talking about decks with colin we decide its time to play for the title.

T2 my brother .
game 1~
i know i am gonna lose but whats this??he gets a lone nidoran with no basic energy!so i pp it up to 4.then he evloves to nidorina and fast evos.i attach an energy and ski kick for the win!! yeah that nidorina just got his face smashed in.

game 2~
he gets set up to well and toxic desert ruins puts 3 on me,but lucily i have island cave.to bad i still lose eventually anyway.

game 3~
this was so close i had 3 stadiums in my hand so i could keep countering him if he played a ruins.but i didnt draw any draw cards or basics...so he has one nidoqueen left and i have an espeon i psy loop for 9 and he tm rocks me..DONK

so yeah i almost win another CC but o well.

props
clay for driving us up there
vince for telling me powdacham would probly do well
anthony for letting me eat his sandwich
clay for scooping in final game of T4 since he knew i would win anyway
colin for talking to me about deck strategy
vince for letting me sleep at his house
vince for letting me borrow medicham
vince for not remembering that i borrowed medicham,so now i have his :biggrin:
playing at CiCis for the CC title
moss for posting powdacham on the gym

slops
anthony for losing to my brother,thus resulting in me not winning citys
demarion for saying no ; (
cicis not having enough pizza
my brother for completley donking me

and thats all i can think of.

see you all next week

POOOOOKAAAAAAA!!!1111!!!11

Last edited:
Medicham still yours??

OK, the deal is final...you can send me my box now!!!

LOL

See you at States!!!

(We will make sure that there are PLENTY of spots to sleep this time LOL)

Vince

Back