Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Breeding Question

desufnoc

So i seem to get different answers from different guides when it comes to passing down natures of pokemon. From my toying with breeding it does seem that no matter which of the breeding pokemon is holding the everstone: the female nature will be the one most likely passed on. My real question is whether or not you can pass natures of genderless pokemon? (EX. Bronzong and Ditto) I havent tested it and the guides seem to contradict each other.

Without an everstone, no pokemon passes natures.

If a pokemon is holding an everstone, no matter the gender or lack therof, it passes the nature.

In Diamond/Pearl only the Female/Ditto could pass down natures.

Without an everstone, no pokemon passes natures.

If a pokemon is holding an everstone, no matter the gender or lack therof, it passes the nature.

In Diamond/Pearl only the Female/Ditto could pass down natures.

Serebii seems to disagree with you, along with my results from breeding. Here is the link to its breeding section. http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml

It seems to be pretty consistent with what my results have shown. It doesn't say anything about genderless pokemon and I have not tested it myself. I guess I will just have to test it :(

---------- Post added 02/09/2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

RB if you meant that Diamond/Pearl forward has the female passing on the nature, than yes I do agree with you. So are you saying that if I used my example above, that the Bronzong and Ditto would pass on the nature of Ditto if one of them is holding the everstone?

In the case of Ditto being used, then the Ditto is the one the game checks for the everstone.

In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum only the Female/Ditto Pokemon could pass down natures via Everstone. Starting in HeartGold/SoulSilver, Males could pass down natures as well. (I should have clarified that is what I meant.)

And in your example, the Ditto should be the one that passes down the nature)

You can pass down nature via Everstone in Emerald as well. In Diamond/Pearl (and maybe Emerald, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver) the Everstone nature passing doesn't work if the two Pokemon are from different languages. In Black/White the different language restriction no longer exists.

Only Females can pass down natures with Everstone but does not matter which one holds the Everstone, and in the case with Ditto he acts as "the other Gender" so if you have a male Snivy, Ditto becomes the Female Snivy required to breed in which the Ditto Nature will be passed down to the Offspring.

Back