Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Breeding Questions !

JimboPro

I am not sure if I am doing this correctly so I am just going to ask. I breed a Jolly pokemon that has 31 IV's in speed and then the same pokemon of the opposite sex with the same nature but 31 IV's in Attack. I gave the one with 31 attack an Everstone to keep the nature Jolly and then gave the other pokemon the power anklet to preserve the speed IV's. From what I understand it will keep the speed IV's every time and it will randomly keep the attack IV of the other. So here is my question: Am I now just in a waiting process and waiting to lucky to get the rest of the IV's the way I want them or is there anything else I can do to improve my chances? I am about 95 eggs into it and getting impatient.

I am not sure if I am doing this correctly so I am just going to ask. I breed a Jolly pokemon that has 31 IV's in speed and then the same pokemon of the opposite sex with the same nature but 31 IV's in Attack. I gave the one with 31 attack an Everstone to keep the nature Jolly and then gave the other pokemon the power anklet to preserve the speed IV's. From what I understand it will keep the speed IV's every time and it will randomly keep the attack IV of the other. So here is my question: Am I now just in a waiting process and waiting to lucky to get the rest of the IV's the way I want them or is there anything else I can do to improve my chances? I am about 95 eggs into it and getting impatient.

I'm thinking I will write an IV breeding guide now that you've brought this up. :) In short, yes, you are doing it correctly and I'm sorry you are having trouble. It usually doesn't take me anywhere near that many eggs to get two 31s (and usually, I've gotten 3 desirable 31s by then).

I'm thinking I will write an IV breeding guide now that you've brought this up. :) In short, yes, you are doing it correctly and I'm sorry you are having trouble. It usually doesn't take me anywhere near that many eggs to get two 31s (and usually, I've gotten 3 desirable 31s by then).

Oh I have gotten 3 31's but it is attack, speed, and special attack... I need no SP attack and think I need 31 in SP defense and at least 25 in HP but I finally hatched one this morning that has 23 in HP, 31 in ATK, 27 in defense, 15 in sp atk, 30 in SP def, and 30 in speed !

Thank you for verifying I am doing it right !

Yeah- at times breeding can do that to you. It is frustrating, this I know. Although you'll be getting almost a garunteed 2 31 IV's from the parents, the 3rd one is harder to get it into the slot your looking to get it into. The 3rd one is random among the non-influenced stats.

I try to breed parents that share IV stats, which I have had better results in getting 4 31 IV's (the 4th being the random one) like:

Male: -- 31-31-??-??-??-31
Female: -- ??-31-??-31-??-31

I have the Nature Parent hold the Everstone, the other Parent will hold a power item such as the one for Attack in the example above. After some eggs, I get one with 4 31 IV's. Sometimes it takes a lot of eggs.

Yeah- at times breeding can do that to you. It is frustrating, this I know. Although you'll be getting almost a garunteed 2 31 IV's from the parents, the 3rd one is harder to get it into the slot your looking to get it into. The 3rd one is random among the non-influenced stats.

I try to breed parents that share IV stats, which I have had better results in getting 4 31 IV's (the 4th being the random one) like:

Male: -- 31-31-??-??-??-31
Female: -- ??-31-??-31-??-31

I have the Nature Parent hold the Everstone, the other Parent will hold a power item such as the one for Attack in the example above. After some eggs, I get one with 4 31 IV's. Sometimes it takes a lot of eggs.

It is a process that is for sure... it would be easier if I had some Dittos that had anything with 31 IV's but I apparently can't catch any! : )

Back