Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BS Promos 51 & 52 Differences

arb123

Hi all, just a quick question.
I'm aware from the pokegym image compendium that there are two variations for the original blackstar promos 51 & 52 (rapidash & Ho-oh), and I'm aware that two were given out at pokemon cnetres and the other two were given out in magazines, but what are the main difference between the two? For example, are ones rarer than others and worth more? Why were two sets made? Which was made first?
If anyone has the answer to these questions and any more general info about them then I'd really like to know.
Many thanks:biggrin:

I am not sure on what came first, but the only difference is the following -

The ones released thru PCNY had a stamp indicating them while the ones released from Nintendo Power didnt not.

Drew

I was aware of that difference, but is that it? no price or rarity difference?
I'm confused what the point was in releasing both really.

I was aware of that difference, but is that it? no price or rarity difference?
I'm confused what the point was in releasing both really.

The ones without the stamp are worth more. They are by far rarer then the ones released at PCNY.

Drew

Of course there is a price difference.
The ones from PCNY are rarer and harder to get.
The other ones were distributed all over by the magazine.

Price? I'd say about $5 each for the magazine ones and $10 for the PCNY.
This is per our price guide that you can access by clicking on Meowth in the banner above.

The ones without the stamp are worth more. They are by far rarer then the ones released at PCNY.

Drew

Of course there is a price difference.
The ones from PCNY are rarer and harder to get.
The other ones were distributed all over by the magazine.

Price? I'd say about $5 each for the magazine ones and $10 for the PCNY.
This is per our price guide that you can access by clicking on Meowth in the banner above.

OK one of you is wrong
I remember when I was acquiring these the PCNY one came from an online purchase of 20 dollars or more.
the magazine ones are just that they came out of a magazine.

BLiZz

I think Drew got a stash of the PCNY ones, so his opinion is skewed by that. :tongue:

On looking at ebay auctions, Drew may be correct. There certainly seem to be more of the PCNY ones available than the Nintendo mag ones.

That was the way I saw it, I've got the PCNY ones, just not the original ones and wondered if they were harder to get as I hadn't seen them.

Back