Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Burning Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dek

here's an interesting thought I was thinking of last night after everyone left :lol:

=16 Pokemon=
4 Growlithe- SS
3 Arcanine- SS
3 Vulpix- AQ
3 Ninetails- AQ
3 Zangoose- SS

=28 Trainers=
4 Potion
4 Switch
3 Bill's Maintenance
3 Wally's Training
3 Dual Ball
3 Oran Berry
3 Energy Restore
3 Fire Cube 01
2 High Pressure System

=16 Energy=
12 Fire Energy
4 Rainbow Energy

Simple, yet effective, strategy here. Use Growlithe, Arcanine, or Fire Cube 01 to burn the Defending Pokemon. When it's burned, use Nintetail's Roasting Heat to deal the extra 20 damage (VERY effective against most Grass types). If I face some tough stuff, use Zangoose's Super Slash to take care of them.

Mirage Stadium will definitely help you out by making them flip to retreat. You might want to put warps in place of the rainbows.

Swampert, to tell the truth, i havent the faintest clue :lol:

bulbasnore, Mirage Stadium sounds like a good idea, but will the stadium card affect my pokemon as well? I'll also try to get Warps ASAP.

Venusaur, I hope you know what Aquapolis Ninetails does. If not, let me tell ya.

(R)(C)(C) Roasting Heat- If the Defending Pokemon is Burned, this attack does 40 damage plus 20 more damage. 40+

That's the attack the deck is revolved around basically. Like I said before, its simple, yet effective, strategy. Let Growlithe/Arcanine use its Fire Veil Body on the Defending, get it burned, and then use Ninetails' Roasting Heat to deal more damage. Yes, Arcanine does do 60 without having to wait for any effects to come into play, but Ninetails does the same damage, even if you do have to wait for a certain effect.

Just incase...
a) Arcanine is heavily damaged and I got no potions/berries and I dont wanna risk a KO
b) Arcanine is KOed

Either way, when Arcanine is taking a rest (if its still alive), I can still have a power advantage by attacking with Ninetails.

Also, I believe the Arcanine must discard energy to attack, right???

Rainbow energy makes no sense, it is a straight forward fire deck with a colorless Pokemon... make them 4 Warp Energy.

Why not try Torkoal, attack auto burns, may have to discard a R though, first attack gets 2 Discarded energy from discard pile.

Sneaky Trick, make Dual balls SS Dunsparce. Use him to get Growlithe, and switch. Now they attack Growlith and get burned!!!

Spectreon's Deck Overhaul.....

=20 Pokemon=
4 Growlithe- SS
3 Arcanine- SS
3 Vulpix- AQ
3 Ninetails- AQ
2 Zangoose- SS
2 Torkoal
3 Dunsparce

=23 Trainers=
4 Briney's Compassion
4 Switch
3 Bill's Maintenance
3 Elms Training Method
2 TV
2 Fisherman
2 Fire Cube 01
2 Miage Stadium
3 Multi Technical Machine 01

=15 Energy=
11 Fire Energy
4 Warp Energy

Same strat. Dunsparce is good Set up, and Seek and Hide(??I think thats what it is called??) lets you get 3 Basics (no flip) and switch to the bench for C. Just switch for a Growlithe!!! ETM will allow you to control which evo you are getting better, 4 Briney's + 4 Switch + 4 Warp Energy = 12 cards that allow you to retreat without actually retreating. Multi TM 01 will stall a few turns and let Burn do its work... Fisherman over Energy Restorer (garunteed 4, or a chance for 0-3, no question which is better) though if you want a non supporter for this, there is a card in Dragons that allows 1 energy to hand, or 3 to deck, I believe called Recycle System or something like that... Torkoal is an 80HP beast that can fish out energy, or burn with a possible discard.

Take it or leave it, whaddya think???

good idea, Spex (weird nickname. I know :lol: ). I am in the middle of getting Warp Energies at the moment. Dunsparce does sound like a good idea, so I'll try to add that into the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back