CA Wildfires and Poke Folks

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by PokeDaddy, Oct 22, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PokeDaddy

PokeDaddy New Member

I think the 'Gym community should know that certain members of the Pokemon Community are dealing with some very traumatic issues.

The CA fires are forcing people from their homes with what ever they can carry in their cars and minivans. People are losing everything.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Especially two dear friends.:frown:

Don't know what to do from 3K miles away....

Steve

2. GinoLombardi21

GinoLombardi21 New Member

Hop on a lapras and get crackin. Don't forget to pack extra blastoise and extra gyrados! If things really get messy fly away on a lugia. In all seriousness good luck to all the people in CA who are suffering with the wildfires.

3. the_sniper

the_sniper New Member

Pretty lame joke Gino :(

4. PokeDaddy

PokeDaddy New Member

John - Thanks for the response.

Kim and Doreen are in some serious trouble.....

5. CrownAxe

CrownAxe New Member

i'm in southern coastal part of San Diego CA (Point Loma to be specific) so i'm probably in no danger but the fire has filled the air with ash and smoke due to all the wind so my high school (all o fhtem in SoCal actually) is closed for a few days now

the worst that will happen to me PKMN-wise will probably be the 2 stores i go to for leagues (Game Empire and Artifex) are 20 mi north of me and are fairly close to the fire and may be closed down untill this fire thing blows over, they probably won't catch fire atleast

6. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

I heard Pepperdine got evacuated, hope you're doing okay Kim. :/

7. moza

moza New Member

My thoughts go out to all those harmed by this fire.

See why no one uses infernape?

8. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Thoughts and prayers to our friends and everyone else. :(

9. Benlugia

Benlugia Gallery Contributor

be safe guys. our thoughts and prayers are with you.

10. PokeMama

PokeMama New Member

I've been watching the news about it all the time... must be so terribly frightening for anyone nearby! I'll keep my thoughts and prayers hopeful for everyone's safety there.

11. Epyon0015

Epyon0015 New Member

To all my Poke Friends down South, our thoughts and prayers go to you guys. Be safe

12. The_Envoy_of_Chaos

The_Envoy_of_Chaos New Member

Hope everyone living in CA pulls through.

13. Freddy K.

Freddy K. New Member

Life is far more important than cards. Prioritise and get out safely. Hope you folks are guided to safety and sanctuary.

-fK

14. Mama_Schutte

Mama_Schutte New Member

It is amazing that they can evacutate over quarter million people but can't evacutate the same during a hurricane. It's really sad to see San Diego Co. burning up! My thoughts and prayers are with all. As San Diegan's know, this is the worst time of year for the fires. We always have room for one more. if needed.

15. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze New Member

Our family's thoughts and prayers are with you all.

If there are any cards/decks that get burned then I will be happy to donate some.

16. mumsascrappa

mumsascrappa Active Member

Thoughts of safety and health being sent your way!! Take care!!

17. PokeDaddy

PokeDaddy New Member

Same here.

18. Tsuga

Tsuga New Member

I live about 10 miles south of Irvine, where some of the pretty massive fires have been taking place. So far I've just had to suffer through the cloud of ash that has covered the city, and I'm really hoping that the fire is not moving south. I haven't really had time to watch the news, which makes it hard to know what's going on with these fires : \.

19. DarkMagnus

DarkMagnus New Member

i got stacks of spare stuff. loosing stuff in a fire isn't cool i've been there... not to that level but its still a loss.

20. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

I got a call from sd-pokemom this morning (6 hours ago) but have been on the road until now.
    They had to move to an evacuation center last night about 9pm their time.
    They are OK, but of course their house is in some danger.
    The authorities are being very proactive about evacuating people, so they were not in immediate danger, but the fact that only one life has been lost so far speaks to the wisdom of early evacs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.