Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cacturne, is he worth it?

Hot Mustid

Ok, i have come to the decision of making one of my team members a cacturne. [Cactus Pete]

My question is, what do you guys think the best possible moveset for a cacturne could be?

I like this fella and he helps out my deck, so i want to commemorate him..or something. :)

I was thinking:

giga drain (i dont have it, so maybe needle arm.. :/ ...used it on sceptile)

faint attack

sandstorm

spikes maybe? im not sure this is why i need your help :D

Help me out guys

Other than Faint Attack, the moveset looks pretty good only if its Special Ability increases Evade when in a Sandstorm. Instead of Daint attack, try going with...um...oh what was the name of it? I think it was something like Needle Punch...Anyways, thats a good choice for it.

its needle arm, and thats in place of giga drain, coz i used it (im sad)

but do u think spikes are good, i mean theres not much a cacturne can learn lol

is ingrain a good attac kin place of spikes, its basically a leftovers that doesnt let me switch out, with leftovers it works rather well

If you wanna go for annoyance with Cacturne, go with..

Leech Seed/Toxic
Spikes
Sandstorm
Needle Arm

That's pretty much the best I can come up with. Cacturne is pretty limited on moves it can learn that are any good, so my guess is that it was made for annoyance. Don't replace Ingrain with Spikes. Use Leech Seed instead if you want to recover HP while doing damage. Not being able to switch out hurts badly, Especially since Cacturne's defenses aren't so good. And Spikes is a good attack to keep a hold on when you manage to KO a Pokémon. Being hit by a Sandstorm, Leech Seed/Toxic, and Spikes is pretty rough.

I'd go with this moveset

Leech Seed
Needle Arm
Toxic
Spikes

Let Cacturne hold Leftovers for even more HP recovery.
If you use sandstorm it might hurt your own team members.

lol, well this is the moveset iendedup choosing

lax insence

spike arm
feint attack (i like the whole leech seed thing, but it doesnt affect everybody)
toxic
sandstorm

I like feint attack because it can be really nasty against a psycic pokemon,

Jut let me know if you guys think i should keeep this

Dark_Gengar said:
Let Cacturne hold Leftovers for even more HP recovery.
If you use sandstorm it might hurt your own team members.

i know, i would probably send out requaza right after cacturne got knocked out (air lock)

so im not concerned with that, I like the moveset

spike arm
leech seed
toxic
sandstorm

but if i come against a steel type im pretty much useless

well, crap

i already used toxic on him

is toxic better than leech seed or vise versa?

because toxic follows them when they switch out, but i dont think leech seed does

but leech seed effects steel and toxic doesnt.

this is a tough decision

Last edited:
Feint Attack's not going to do much to Steel either. You're better off with the Needle Arm, Toxic, Sandstorm, Leech Seed moveset. Do NOT get rid of Toxic. It's a valuable move that drains the opponent's HP more and more as it goes along. Sandstorm will damage the opponent and allow Cacturne to evade attacks easier due to its ability. Leech Seed will drain your opponent's HP and bring some of it back to Cacturne. Needle Arm is for damage, plus you gain STAB off of it.

leech seed is very useful. it takes off little chunks of hp per turn, and heals you. you may not see it, but it may save you. spikes and toxic have their advantages. spikes 3 times would damage an opponent 25% when they switch. coupled with leech seed, they are either forced to switch, or will die by the seed. toxic and leech seed together whittle down the hp quick, assuming they do not switch.

Beware of the pointy cactus!!!!

\0 0/
--o--

Yeah, this little guy is on my "non attacking team". The concept is to use no sort of actual attack, just inflict status, control weather, and annoy, ect...

Another thing, next month when we get Colesuem, dont be suprised to see Taranitar/Cacturn 2-2 teams. Cacturn comes out nasty in this scenerio. T-tar comes up, and it ability is auto Sandstorm (like Kyogre/Rain, Groudon/Sunny), upping Cacturns Evassiveness 1 level, before even attacking. Then Let Cacturn hold the BrightPowder/Lax Inscense, increasing its Evassiveness up 1 more level. This mean little Cactus will cause alot of headaches, having 2 Evassive up levels before anyone attacks.... just evil!!!!

Last edited:
well my cacturne looks like this(staying like this :p)

lax insence

needle arm
leech seed
toxic
sandstorm

am i allowed to send my t-tar from g-s to colloseum?
that would pwn

Back