Can I play as 9 year old in a 11-14 agegroup

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Rainbowgym, Apr 21, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Just want to know were I can find an answer on this.
    If you are younger that the agegroup who is playing are you allowed to participate official.

So can a 9 years old play in the 11-14 group
    Can a 14 years old play in the 15+ group.

2. DaytonGymLeader

DaytonGymLeader New Member

Historically, you've had the ability to do that, but with the new software, I don't believe you have the ability to do it. Now, if each age group DOES get their own event, it wouldn't be a problem from a software standpoint, but I have no idea what POP's stance is on this.

3. meganium45

meganium45 Active Member

We had one player want to do this, and the software would not let it fly unless we lied about the age, so we took the position that you had to play in your age group for the event.

Thanks

M45

4. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

The CC overhere is played in 2 days.
    One player can only come the on the day the 11-14 is playing.

I will try to get answers from our Local Distributor.

5. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

I believe this was allowed under DCI rules. I see no difference in entering the wrong Birthdate for TMS than I do for entering the wrong Age-category for DCI Reporter.

Nevertheless, I don't think this should be allowed. Otherwise, you'll get siblings/friends playing outside their age categories in an attempt to win multiple Championships for their family/gang.

Just not a good idea, IMO.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  6. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

But they will play in a agegroup which is harder to win in than in their own.

Normally Swiss Age is played in one day, but here it's played in 2 days and than you can have the situation like this.

7. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

That's relative. It depends on the players. Generally speaking, yes. And generally speaking, it should be okay to do (play at a higher age-category).

Some PTO (or PUI) at a major event needs to set the precedence and allow it. I wouldn't do it if I had the choice, but I certainly wouldn't condemn a PTO for doing it. (Well, maybe I might condemn it depending on the circumstances - ie., strong 10-under player and weak 11-14 players or same-age siblings.) If indeed they do that at your CC, I guess we'll have some precedence set and PUI can act upon it if needed (decide whether it will be allowed or not).

Last edited: Apr 21, 2004
  8. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Oke something very urgent came along and I didn't know the agerestrictions are changed.

please read my topic in the Prof forum.