Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cards Based on Items

Kayle

I like these ideas so how about we consolidate them?

Eviolite
Pokemon Tool
(tool rule)

When you attach this card to one of your Pokemon, show an evolution card from your hand or deck that evolves from the Pokemon this card is attached to to your opponent. If you can't, discard Eviolite. Reduce all damage done by attacks to the Pokemon Eviolite is attached to by 10 (before weakness and resistance).

I like these ideas so how about we consolidate them?

Eviolite
Pokemon Tool
(tool rule)

When you attach this card to one of your Pokemon, show an evolution card from your hand or deck that evolves from the Pokemon this card is attached to to your opponent. If you can't, discard Eviolite. Reduce all damage done by attacks to the Pokemon Eviolite is attached to by 10 (before weakness and resistance).
Yeah, I like these ideas too. Everyone seems to make custom Pokémon ones. What about T/S/S? I've made a Focus Sash and Life Orb, but they're from past gens. I'ma check the new items. See if I can think of anything.

Edit: lol, that was fast. How about Ring Target?
In game effect:
If a move failed because of the opposing Pokémon's Type, this Ring Target will make the move hit.

This could be the card:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
TRAINER / Pokémon Tool
Ring Target

Attach Ring Target to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't
already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it. If that
Pokémon is Knocked Out, discard this card.

When the Pokémon Ring Target is attached to
attacks your opponent's Active Pokémon, don't apply Resistance for that damage.

And...

TRAINER / Pokémon Tool
Red Card

Attach Red Card to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't
already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it. If that
Pokémon is Knocked Out, discard this card.

When the Pokémon this card is attached to
is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if the
Pokémon this card is attached to is Knocked Out)
, flip a coin.
If heads, your opponent switches their Active Pokémon
with 1 of their benched Pokémon, if any.

Last edited:
Crazy one-

Quick Claw
Pokemon Tool

The Pokemon Quick Claw is attached to may attack during your opponents turn. If it does, you may not attack during your next turn.

Another one

EXP. Share
Pokemon Tool

The Pokemon EXP. Share is attached to may level up while on the bench.

EXP. Share
Pokemon Tool

The Pokemon EXP. Share is attached to may level up while on the bench.

Clever. They're stuck with a tool attached (no Belt, no Energy Gain, no Bench Shield) for the rest of the game, but it's worth it to get the bench level-up.

I might say "Whenever you would draw a Prize Card, you may search your deck for a Pokemon Lv. X that Levels Up from the Pokemon this card is attached to and play it onto that Pokemon (this counts as leveling up that Pokemon). Shuffle your deck afterward."

Awful lot of Pokemon Tools, though! How about:

Genius Wing (trainer)

Put this card next to your Active Pokemon. At the end of your turn, discard this card. If your Active Pokemon's attack does damage to the Defending Pokemon (after weakness and resistance), you may do 20 more damage for each Energy attached to your active Pokemon that isn't :colorless:.

Clever. They're stuck with a tool attached (no Belt, no Energy Gain, no Bench Shield) for the rest of the game, but it's worth it to get the bench level-up.

I might say "Whenever you would draw a Prize Card, you may search your deck for a Pokemon Lv. X that Levels Up from the Pokemon this card is attached to and play it onto that Pokemon (this counts as leveling up that Pokemon). Shuffle your deck afterward."

Awful lot of Pokemon Tools, though! How about:
I was thinking about the Exp Share, but couldn't think of anything. The level up on bench when you take a prize card is spot on. Good job guys!
What about Sacred Ash?

TRAINER / Trainer
Sacred Ash

Search your discard pile for up to 5 Pokémon (excluding LV.X) and put them on your Bench as Basic Pokémon. IF you do, you may search your discard pile for up to 3 basic energy cards and attach them to those Pokémon in any way you like.
You can't play Sacred Ash if your Bench is full.

Last edited:
lucky egg
pokémon tool
pokémon tool rule

for each pokémon knocked out by damage from an attack, the pokémon this card is attached to's retreat cost is reduced by :colorless:.

Sacred Ash is AWESOME.

Okay, you ready for this? I love the TMs in Black and White...

TM67 Retaliate

(TM rule)

:colorless::colorless: Retaliate 30+
If any of your Pokemon were Knocked Out during your opponent's last turn, this attack does 30 damage plus 80 more damage.

Best. Move. Ever.

TM86 Grass Knot

(TM rule)

:grass: Grass Knot 20x
Does 20 damage times the number of Energy in your opponent's Retreat Cost. (?)

TM76 Struggle Bug

(TM Rule)

:grass::colorless: Struggle Bug 30
If the Defending Pokemon attacks during your opponent's next turn, that attack's damage is reduced by 20 for each energy in the attack's cost that isn't :colorless:.

Retaliate is still the best. DCE on any Pokemon for an easy 110 for revenge KOs. I think it'd kill SP lol.

Back