Cards That reduce damage

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by TennisEmperor, Apr 26, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

I was wondering if there was any card that has an effect that states "you may reduce the damage done to your active pokemon by 10" that it can use from the bench because if there was you could have an invincible mr. mime ex.

2. Imperial

Imperial New Member

nothing from bench. sorry danny boy.
    buffer pience foractive though.

3. Dek

Dek New Member

well, there is one card that KIND OF protects your bench.

EX: Dragon's Wishcash

The only problem is that its Poke-Body only protects it self when on the bench.

4. Masamune156

Masamune156 New Member

The Mightyena, Salamence, and Arbok with Imtimidating Fang reduce damage.

5. Imperial

Imperial New Member

never thought of them, but he wants MAY reduce. then mr. mime is invincible. also he wants the power to come from bench..

6. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

I once played someone who swore their MrMime was invincible with a Defender attached to it. After I showed them the attack-damage calculation sequence (Invisible Wall is applied AFTER Defender), their heart was broken. :(

It's a GOOD thing Pokemon Powers and Bodies are applied LAST!

I'm personally not aware of any PP or PB that protects other Pokemon other than some of the Unowns ( :unknown-d & :unknown-n ) that resist Darkness and Colorless Pokemon attack damage.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  7. Masamune156

Masamune156 New Member

The 3 cards I mentioned earlier also reduce damage done to your other Pokemon. (Or i'm pretty sure they do.)

So you could use it in 2-on-2 I guess.

8. Imperial

Imperial New Member

but they have to be active, that defeats the point of invincible mimey.

9. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I dont think there is anything that would do this... they wouldnt make Mime completely invicible.... though a 2/2 with Mightyena, Arbok, or Salamance could be fun... just retreat them for something else, or bring them up whenever you need to reduce/not reduce by 10....

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  10. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Don't forget about turning off MrMime with special conditions.

11. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

you can use strength charm to get rid of mime

12. Imperial

Imperial New Member

13. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but Mime would be a Body not a power... I havent seen a body yet that gets turned off by status.... If its a power, then I am wrong, and I will shut up...

14. Krayzie

Krayzie New Member

metal energy will on a metal pokemon,and buffer piece works sometimes