Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Cartoon Network Friday Party (this is a good thing)

Dek

Well, this upcoming Friday, we are going to have a complete set of new things. Here are the stats:

Toonami- World Premiere of Dragonball GT. only shows on Fridays (most likely, they don't have the entire season done yet).

Cartoon Cartoon Fridays- 2 Specials
- Star Wars: Clone Wars
- Pokemon: The First Movie

So...Thoughts? Opinions? (arent they the same thing? :lol: )

Yes this is a good thing. It is just as exciting as seeing the World Marshal Arts tournament symbol flying into the picture at the beginning of every episode of classic Dragonball.

Hm. Just as "Dragonball Z" wasn't anything like "Dragonball", Dragonball GT will pretty much shock anyone who's expecting something like DBZ. Should be interesting, although I suspect that may be one of the reasons why they only plan on showing it on Fridays.

Star Wars: Clone Wars looks interesting. Got to watch that.

And PtFM? I like that they're showing Pokemon, but I wish showing some of the later movies was possible.

They have Pokémon movies lined up for the entire month of November! Or at least i believe they do.

SW:Clone Wars will be intersting but don't know how successful a 5 minute series will be.

Also are they still doing Orbit Codes? We haven't gotten any in a long time.

Yuck. I just watched Clone Wars and I thought it was absolutely horrible! It's hard to explain on what I thought of it, but I feel they should have never done it like this. It takes out the whole feeling of the real movies IMO. I practically laughed off my head when Anakin looked at Padame through the ship window. First off, Padame didn't look like how she really does and they made the scene seem too serious.

Like I said, it is hard to explain why I thought it was bad. It just seemed weird to me.

They certainly skipped plenty of episodes for GT. I think it was like the first 10 episodes all squeezed into one.

Actually, it was closer to 16.

But who needs character development anyway? After all, Dragonball fans are just a bunch of drooling idiot teenagers who just want to see shiny explosions, right? :rolleyes:

So, who's up for forming an angry mob and hunting down the fellow who thought doing that was a bright idea?

love to, but im too lazy and tired :lol:

Either way, i'd rather just buy the DVD's than go into all the trouble of starting mobs and protests and stuff.

So, who's up for forming an angry mob and hunting down the fellow who thought doing that was a bright idea?
Would there be shiny explosions?

Yes. Yes there would. In fact, in making the point, I think we HAVE to make very shiny explosions.

Blah, it's very annoying. DBGT was a very weird series originally, but they didn't even allow us to see how the characters develop, or HOW they're different from DBZ. How on earth could someone possibly justify, literally, removing as much of a story as they possibly could? It's not like they were editing it for content, we already know they're capable of editing an entire CHARACTER out of a series. The original DBZ had Launch in it in the beginning, although they managed to edit her out (Minus the one scene in the final few episodes) due to the fact that she was a bit too gun/booze oriented for the kiddies.

*Grabs pitchfork*

Last edited:
Back