Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Celio is going to Worlds!

PokeWisconsin

Green Bay, WI Gym Challenge Report

Matt, Kyle and I drove to Jeff's house Friday evening. We tested a bunch and Matt convinced me that LunaSol would be a good choice, especially since I got 2nd at Indiana a week earlier. We arrived at the tournament Saturday morning at 9am and met up with Ness, Chuck, Dani and all our other friends. The tournament was supposed to start at 10am. It didn't end up starting until noon :(.

Round 1 vs Jared S. (Raichu)
He gets off to a good start with Zzzap and I have to make a comeback with some ER2s and Admins. Good game Jared.

Round 2 vs Tyson (Crobat ex)
He gets a fast Crobat and takes a couple prizes. I stick a Cursed Stone after he Suprise! Time Machines for Crobat ex. I win the stadium battle and take down 2 Crobat ex.

Round 3 vs Pooka (Queendumb)
He gets good start, so do I. However, 2 of my Solrocks are prized and I have to 3HKO his active Nidoqueen. He gets a couple more Nidoqueens and I can't come back.

Round 4 vs Scrub (Miltank/Exeggutor)
He goes 0/5 on Big Explosion flips and I win turn 4.

Round 5 vs Jessica L. (Mewtric)
She gets a good start and so do I. She was able to use Negative Spark a few times to get damage on all my Pokemon but I was able to Warp Point and KO with my Solrocks.

Top 8 vs Adam V. (LBS)
The first game was pretty weird. He Return Trances me like 5 times while we're getting set up. I stick a Cursed Stone late in the game to take down his Blastoise. Game 2 he gets horrible luck with Castform start and has to bench another Castform after I KO that one. He can't get a basic and I win with Lunatone.

Top 4 vs Alex B. (NessLBS)
Alex had just beat another LunaSol deck so I was a bit worried but I had just beat another LBS so I was confident I could win. First game he can't get energy and passes a couple times. I get set up and start attacking with Lunatone. He's able to get a Blastoise up and I laid a Cursed Stone. He ends up powering up a Blastoise and KOs one of my Lunatones but next turn I hit an ER2 on the Castform and he's forced to scoop. Game 2 he 6-0d me because he didn't get a Castform start. Game 3 he gets Castform start and I get a good start. I KO the Castform and he sends up Latias*. I warp point and all he has benched is his Steelix ex. I hit that a couple times and he sends up Latias* and can't get another basic. My Lunatone with Holon FF takes it down.

Top 2 vs Jeff W. (Mewtric)
The first game he misses energy drops while I get my setup. I'm able to his the Mew exs for 50 with Lunatones and use Warp Point to take down his bench. Second game I get a bad start, missing energy on my first 3 turns. He gets a recharge and starts using Disconnect. I'm eventually able to set up and he's forced to Megashot. I hit a couple ER2s. He misses quite a few ER2/Reversal flips and I'm able to come back and win. Good game Jeff.

Celio is going to Worlds!!!

Props to the judging staff of Rich and Ness. They did an outstanding job and tried their best to keep things moving.

Slops to starting 2 hours late and being in that barn for 12 hours with no air conditioning.

If you would like to see my photos from this event please IM me and I'll send you the link. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back