Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chaos Guard Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperWooper

SuperWooper here. This is my first thread, so please feel free to bash me as much as you want. Just don't blame me when I crush you at City Champs. :D

The deck idea is simple: Gengar/Shedinja team up to wreak utter havoc. Not really for tournament, just fun play.

4 Gastly Expedition
3 Haunter Skyridge
3 Gengar Expedition
4 Nincada (Double Scratch)
2 Ninjask rare
2 Shedinja
3 Wobbuffet >_<
21 Pokemon

14 Psychic Energy
4 warp energy
18 Energy

4 Switch
4 Copycat
4 PETM
4 Mirage Stadium
3 Buffer Piece
2 Low Pressure System
21 Trainers

Get Gengar or Nincada up by turn three or two, respectively, and use their attacks to retreat and hide behind Wobby or Shed, whichever works best. Mirage Stadium stops them froom retreating, and Low Pressure system increases Shed's HP. Also, buffer piece works very well with Shedinja, except with counter placing attacks. Switch is for switching :rolleyes: and Ninjask works very well as it fits the theme of retreating and attacking and lets you place Shedinja. Haunter from Sky is cool cuz it lets you drraw if you have to, and Gengar's Chaos move is for tight spots. All in all, this deck's alright for competetive play, but best for fun. And no Dunsparce please. I know it's tempting, but no. I have to place an energy to attack, and I can't afford that in a deck where not much damage is dealt!

SuperWooper

Why not consider using Mysterious Fossil, Root Fossil or Claw Fossil to hide behind.....These can easily be discarded and when knocked out your opponent doesn't take a prize...

Also consider using some of the Baby pokemon from the earllier WOTC sets that still have the baby power. Hid behind this baby power and your opponent will have to flip to attack and flip to retreat... Nasty...

Pokeplayer

Thanks Moltres and Pokeplayer. Those are really great ideas, especially the Magby and High Pressure. I like it! I'm sure I could squeeze in one or two. Thanks again. :D

I've got deck version two ready now:

4 Gastly EX
3 Haunter SKY
3 Gengar EX
3 Dunsparce SS
3 Magby AQ (I think that's where Magby is-too lazy to look :p)
2 Wobbuffet >_< SS
18 Pokemon

15 Psychic Energy

4 Copycat
3 PETM
4 High Pressure System
3 Switch
4 Claw Fossil
2 Root Fossil
3 Strength Charm
4 Forest Guardian
27 Trainers

Of course this isn't the final version...and I might not want to switch to this version...time will tell. Feedback, please. Tell me which you think is better. Vote on it and see which deck wins!

Wooper says: You may be able to soup the soup, but only SuperWooper can soup the woop.

I played this deck before. IMO it's to slow in this Gardy/Blazekien, and all those super-speed pokemon format. Gengar is nice not being weak to psy and all, though I wouldn't count on Magby to be an eternal wall. Those sheds even w/o Ninjask would be nice.

in version 2.0 u took out the best part! the whole point of gengar is too run it wit shedinja. but ya this deck is too slow for blaze/gardy/amphyEX

SupremeBlader22 said:
blaze/gardy/amphyEX

Remember, this is just for fun. But, SupremeBlader, if you think you can fit in Shedinja, you can make a new deck that includes some of both. Like Shedinja and Claw Fossils. But you'd have a hard time taking out enuff cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is national "Burn your Pichu" day. On this very day, one year ago, my brother, SuperWooper, lost to Luke Reid because he shuffled his hand into his deck on an EEEEEEEK attack and forgot to flip. He only had one prize left when Luke beat him; without the penalty he would've won. :p Good Memories. But seriously, when I become president, this becomes a national holiday. And kids get off from school.

Last edited:
Super Sonik said:
Remember, this is just for fun. But, SupremeBlader, if you think you can fit in Shedinja, you can make a new deck that includes some of both. Like Shedinja and Claw Fossils. But you'd have a hard time taking out enuff cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is national "Burn your Pichu" day. On this very day, one year ago, my brother, SuperWooper lost to Luke Reid because he shuffled his hand into his deck on an EEEEEEEK attack and forgot to flip. He only had one prize left when Luke beat him; without the penalty he would've won. :p Good Memories. But seriously, when I become president, this becomes a national holiday. And kids get off from school.

Whoops, don't know what happened there (above). But seriously, Supremem Blader, do you think you could combine the two, like put in Shedinja and Claw Fossil? Cuz I really like the Magby and Fossil Ideas.

Super Sonik said:
Super Wooper means that he lost to Luke Reid and all that stuff happened. Kinda a pronoun mix up. Or something.

Sorry about the mixup. I copy and pasted Super Soniks into mine, so the he's his's him's should be I, mine, me, etc.

Thanks, Sonik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back