Charizardian's Apprentice Style Contest- IT's BAAACK!

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by Charizardian, Aug 19, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Charizardian

Charizardian New Member

Just when you thought Apprentice style contests were gone forever, it rears it's ugly head yet again! For those of you who haven't been around this forum long enough to witness Carrington388's Contest, The rules are like this: There are two teams, both consist of eight people. For now, they are called simply "Team 1" and "Team 2". In order to join these teams, simply post saying which team you want to be on. The first eight people to sign up for a team will be on the team. If decide you want to join a team after eight people are already on it you will not make the team (Though if you do miss a chance to be on a team, stay in touch. If anyone withdraws from the contest, you may be eligible to join it in his place.). Then after the signing up, you must decide a captain (The way in which you do this will be revealed after everyone signs up.) The captain then decides on a team name, as I personally don't like long threads that decides the name of a team. Then the fun begins! We will have 15 rounds of card-making, each round having specifics of what you can and can't do. Then you are all individually graded based on the rubric below. The team with the lowest score goes to the boardroom (The Boardroom's in this? OH NOES!!!1). In the boardroom, I will ask your team questions about the round (Such as: "Why did you not put this on?" Or "Why was it's weakness this?") I will dismiss people from this boardroom after their questions, until only two or three left are left (Which are most likely the two or three lowest scoring people, but it could be other people too). Then I ask them 3 questions each. Then I will make my decision of who to "Fire", or eliminate. Last man standing, WINS! (The grand prize is being acknowledged as a really good faker. I know, great prize, huh?)

Here is the rubric in which you will be graded on for your cards:
    Name: 5 Points
    Of course, if you don't have this, I don't know what card you're making. So please do this. This also includes it's stage.

HP: 3 Points
    Please, remember to put this in.

Picture: 7 points
    Be descriptive! Don't say "A Pikachu running through the woods," or "A Gengar sitting down". No, no, no. Say what direction it's facing, expressions on it's face, a decent detailed description of it's background, or even an image link, or hey, even an image fake! Of course, if you do decide to make your own image, don't make it a last-minute MS Paint drawing or some video game image of it.

Type: 5 points
    If you forget this, card faking is definitely not for you.

Weakness/Resistance/Retreat Cost: 9 Points
    Another key part. Put this in.

Poké-Power/Body and Attacks: 50 Points
    THIS IS HALF YOUR GRADE SO DO GOOD! Be original! Don't have attacks like "{C} Tackle 10" or effects like "Flip a coin. If heads, The Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed." Use attacks and powers/bodies with effects no one's seen before! Also use correct grammar! Don't say "Absol is now sleeping," Say "Absol is now Asleep"! And use é in Pokémon. If you don't know how how to make é, hold down alt on your keyboard, then type 130 on your numpad. If it's not working or you have a Mac, just copy and paste this é right here.

Rarity, Flavor Text, and Level: 5 Points
    I would like it if you had these on your card.

Explanations: 8 Points
    Tell me why you made this card like you did! And be descriptive of why!

Strategy:8 Points
    Another key part of this. Give it some synergy and be able to combo with a few cards. And don't say anything it could combo with that's not from this format. Holon Phantom-on cards only.

Total Points:100

Also, there will be restrictions on what you can and can't do with your cards (Such as: No L.V X's, Only one attack, Must be dual type). If you disobey these restrictions, 5 points will be deducted from your total score.
    Lastly, if you have any complaints about your score, feel free to tell me (Just don't completely bash me.) I will make mistakes sometimes. I'm only human, after all. However, don't expect to get more points all the time if you do this. Sometimes I will stick to what I did.

And with that said, my the signing up... BEGIN!

Team PikaClan:
    charmander rox
    meditite rox
    Ky00ber the III
    Cardzmaster2004

Team 2:
    ensignmerlin
    Blaziken 1111
    deredd04
    shiftrymaster68

Also, feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

I'm in Team 1!

3. meditite rox

meditite rox New Member

4. Charizardian

Charizardian New Member

35 Veiws and 2 posts?

I CALL SHENANIGANS.

5. ensignmerlin

ensignmerlin New Member

Since nobody else is up to it.. I'll take team 2 please..
    As I remember though, in Carrington's old contests the loser team would vote off 1 of their team members.. Sound more like Survivor, but XD

6. stalkerex

stalkerex New Member

must be dual type?

7. Charizardian

Charizardian New Member

It's just an example for a requirement or restriction you may have during a round. It doesn't have to be Dual Type unless I say so during a round.

ensignmerlin: You are thinking of This.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  8. spoinkmaster

spoinkmaster New Member

Team 2. kk, thx.

9. Rew

Rew Active Member

Team Two.

10. ensignmerlin

ensignmerlin New Member

Oh, right XD I remember that one.. Can't remember if I was kicked, the contest was canceled (like Iron Chef), or if I had to quit because of school... Makes me wonder whatever happened to Lorak anyway...
    EDIT: looks like I was eliminated, then brought back as a sub for Forte, then left once forte came back..

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  11. Professor Sycamore

Professor Sycamore Active Member

team 1
    when does it start?

12. Charizardian

Charizardian New Member

It will start when we have 8 members on each team and they both have a captain.

13. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

Guys! Hurry up! I want this contest to start soon!

14. MegaVelocibot

MegaVelocibot <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

He was reincarnated as someone.

D/P made me give up the TCG, and with it my ability to make accurate fake cards on the new franchise. So... yeah.

15. Lucario EX

Lucario EX Moderator<br>Fanfic Contest Host

I'm in Team 2.

16. Charizardian

Charizardian New Member

Still need 9 more members...ugh, it's gonna be a long wait.

17. ensignmerlin

ensignmerlin New Member

I'm not sure if we even have 16 fakers left...

18. Charizardian

Charizardian New Member

There are 9 CaCers left, just look below(BTW, I'm not including Carrington and Sunflorazumarril, as I know they shall never join this):

The Supes
    harrybitzo
    Dunsparce Fan 206
    pichu bros. rox
    Archonn
    Turbler
    stalkerex (I think)
    Blassarai
    Nanashii

19. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

Yah, I'm in. Team 1 plz. I'm a beeeeeeeeeeeeast

20. ensignmerlin

ensignmerlin New Member

Oh my goodness... I have senority over every other active faker...
    EDIT: Well, not Carrington... But he's still living in the past...