Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Chicago League at Pastimes- Info and Details!!

soslowpoke

Alright everyone, I got the date and time set and its a go!

Date: Sunday, October 26th (future sessions will be on Saturdays)
Time: 1PM - 4 PM
Cost: Free! But bring money if you'd be potentially interested in a draft of some sort
What to bring?: Decks, Dice, Damage Counters, Cards to trade, GBA and Link Cables

Format: Its really up to you what you get points for. Usually if its viable you can get points for it. Here's what I will garuntee though...

Playing a Game (TCG) 2 pts
Winning a Game (TCG) 1 pts
Playing a Game (GBA) 1 pts
Winning a Game (GBA) 1 pts
Trading a Card (real trades only) 1 pts- no limit to this!
Trade with the Gym Leader (dont worry, he wont rip you off ;))- 2-5 pts
Complete league activity- 2-10 pts (depends on activity)

Any other suggestions?- let me know!

Now for the goods...

Every time you earn points (and verified by the Gym Leader) they will be recorded on your score sheet. Whenever you accumulate a certain amount of points, you'll be receive a prize according to the list...

15- Dark Ivysaur Best of Game Promo
25- Dark Persian Foil Promo
30- Machamp Promo (#43)
35- Torchic Reverse Foil Promo
37- A random pull from a selection of promos including Foil Energy, Lucky Stadium, Pokemon Center, Cool Porygon, Prerelease Armaldo, and others
40- Combusken Winner Promo
43- Rocket's Mewtwo Winner Promo
45- Treecko Reverse Foil Promo
47- Air Hockey-e OR EON Ticket (your choice)
50- Grovyle Winner Promo

If you earn beyond 50 points, there will be other prizes including BZ Jumbos, Foil Energy, more promos, and just...more!

In addition to this, the top players (most points) will win Combusken and Grovyle Jumbos! (and more)

Also a new "feature" will be the league store.

How the League Store works is basically it gives the points you earn two functions. At the end of the League Session you'll be able to use the points you've earned that day to 'buy' items from the League Store that can't normally be earned by just getting points.

Here's whats up for sale (there's more, but you have to go to find out ;))

Foil Grass Energy- 22 pts
Prerelease Armaldo- 25 pts
Pikachu (Promo #1)- 12 pts
Igglybuff Promo- 10 pts
Yellow Cloth Playmat- 30 pts
Jumbo Electabuzz Promo- 35 pts
Pokemon Center- 35 pts
Lucky Stadium- 35 pts
Entei (sealed)- 15 pts
Assorted rares from Card-e: 16 pts

Remember- I've got much more to sort out so there will be more things to earn.

Any questions or suggestions at all, simply reply here!

Hope to see you there
~soslow

Last edited:
I have a few questions about this:

1. How much will it be to attend every time
2. Do the items you list have a certain point value
3. If you were to do booster drafts/sealed tourneys, would that replace the league session for that specific month?

It will be free to attend (as kits are free and I'm providing and yeah..)

Items do have point values but I'm like..trying to give this away so it won't be impossible to earn everything

Booster drafts and stuff will happen alongside league

I'm not a real fan of giving away my e-mail address, but I am intersted in joining. My best day is Saturday.

I got a few more questions. Since you mentioned the possibility of theme decks and the Best of Promos as a prize...

1. What theme decks will be available (different sets and all)
2. Would we use the points like money and "buy" the decks/cards?
3. It's a little off-topic, but do you have the card pages for sale?

Theme decks is just whatevers there

I run this independently from the store. If I do decide to do a 'prize store' your points will only be good to get things off of me, not off of Pastimes itself.

I think Pastimes does have the pages available

If you guys would like to do something for boosters, just produce a little $$ and the store will be able to provide :)

I'm definately interested. Closer than Windy City to me... Just gotta work for my Bs in school, then I can come EVERY WEEK, if you want. Every other week!!! I don't care!!! I just want this thing to work @ Pastimes, where I have been trying for the past YEAR to get SOMETHING going.

[email protected]

hey Bullados. Long time, no see (or hear)

Just remember it's gonna be a monthly thing though (a.k.a once (or maybe even twice) a month).

Oh yeah, one more thing. Hey Soslowpoke, can I just private message my e-mail address to ya?

Last edited:
I forgot to ask bout this...

With people starting to advertise their EX Dragons Prerelease Tournaments, do you have any knowledge of when the Chicago one is going to be?

Well, a lot of people have been advertising it for November 15th...

One more question about the league. When exactly in October is it gonna start? Beginning? Middle? End?

Well...looks like we're looking at October 25 from 1-4

What are some goodies to get?
Promos:
Torchic
Combusken
Treecko
Grovyle
Foil Energys
Lots more!

(I just gotta call in and get this finalized)

Also if you guys wanna do some sort of things with packs or whatnot, bring some extra $$ (league will be free by itself) and I can work some magic ;)

bullados said:
barring a barrage of homework, I should be there.
yeah, the same thing is happening to me now. Two projects at the same time= *passes out.* But they should be done by the time the league starts (If I start doing more work on em :lol: ).

Back