'chomps 6th place nats report

Discussion in 'Conventions' started by garchompx12, Jun 29, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

soooooooo my friend mike sleeps over and we test alot. im planning on playing begfriend but i knew that empo would be too rampant so i play empoleon/zong. i get there friday morning and diaz(lil magma) helps me metagame by adding in cess and 1-1 trio tech. this helped me soooo much and i owe everything to him. in the side event i go 6-1 on friday, losing to a T2 plox. im pretty confident and enter the tourny with da play.....

round 1 vs. ??? with empostar

i feel kind of bad, because he was misplaying sooo much and i get a T2 trio. i destroy his whole field and he cant snipe anything FTW gg

1-0

round 2 vs. chris fouchet w/ speedrill

i get T2 empo and hit all of the weedles. he starts swarming by T3 but he just cant keep up since i cess locked em

2-0

round 3 vs. ape

so yyeahh

3-0

round 4 vs. andrew krekeler w/ empostar

he gets T3 splash, i respond with a trio and a splash. it gets into an exchange and at one point he commands my only scramble. i think he has me but thankfully i draw into scramble via claydol and rose/piplup/candy empo retreat chatot dual splash two pokes get me down to 1 prize. next rurn he cant attack since he used impact. i attach water and dual splash. he cant KO me since im clean and next turn i impact a star with 3 on it FTW

4-0

round 5 vs. Daniel chin w/ plox/noir tech

we both get nice set ups and it turns into a rapid exchange. at one point i bench a 4th poke since i killed the noir previously, and he uses maintenance/rose/telepass bebe/ candy dusknoir ughhgghh THEN he whiffs on getting rid of cess so he cant dark palm:thumb:. at this point its tied 1 to 1 prize. i cosmic for 6 and whiff on the WATER i need to win. i wager, lose, and GET IT!. YESSS he slams the table right after that DAMN!!

5-0

BTW my memory is kind of fuzzy at this point so the matchups might not be in order

round 6 vs. Austin Cook w/ bliss/zong

i swarm with zongs throughout the game, and it becomes really close when it gets down to 2 to 2 prizes.
    then i realize i have the game when i dual splash i claydol and a benched zong which both had previous damage. he KOs me with active bliss. i bring up empo, scramble dual splash the 2 benched pokes FTW gg man

6-0

im feelin pretty good by now.....

round 7 vs. Clint Armstrong w/GG/noir tech

he gets turn 2 lade and takes 3 early prizes ughghhh. i make an amazing comeback with a WP'd empoleon X after he flipped all his prizes and start sweeping from there. i know that in order to retrieve quick prizes ill have to splash sentrets/furrets for easy prizes. i get it down to 1 to 2 prizes in his favor. he warps up my only bench(dol) and ploxs it. time is called EXACTLY on my turn. i scramble to dol, retreat, dual splash 2 pokes on the bench for my last 2 prizes. man that was close, and i felt bad since he was crying and i told him that thats the 1st time ill probably ever make that kind of comeback again so its all good:wink:

7-0

YESS

round 8 vs. johnathan ??? w/plox/noir tech( 3 in a row!!)

this guys really cool and is the only other undeafeated. i draw dead while he gets T2 garde, lade, noir, AND claydol. 3 candies T2. really nice. i finally get something up but its just not enough. gg

7-1

oh well, i knew it would end sooner or later. so im 2nd seed going into cut playing tortttterrrribbllee (yes)

next day.......

round 9 versus cody babchuk w/ torterra

game 1- i dual splash literally everything and he makes 2 HUGE misplays. i OHKO all the terras FTW.

game 2-..... see game 2 :/

8-1 (9-1)

TOP 16!

round 10 vs. joshua ??? w/ GG noir

game 1- he starts with duskull, T2 noir :// i get great setup with phione and dual splash everything so i can one shot em.

game 2- he gets another duskull start so i felt kinda bad after we draw pass for literally 6-7 turns when i finally get empo out and dual splash everything and get all 6 prizes.

9-1 (10-1)

TOP 8!! IM GOIN TO WORLDS BABY!!

round 11 vs. orion Craig w/ eeveelutions/tech

im not very confident going into this game as he beat diaz but i obviously play it out

game 1- he doesnt get much and i dual splash everything. he scoops after about 4-5 minutes.

game 2- i get T1 empo and draw pass for like 3 turns and he gets T3 leafy X out. i scoop

game 3- he locks me with jirachi ex as i get absolutely nothing. gg

oh well i knew that im at least 40-60 against leafy and orion is just an amazing player who wound up winning the entire event. your deck is awesommeee :p

i get some stuff for top 8, and since i already planned on what to run for worlds and im not playing empo ill post my list if anyone cares :p

4 pip
    2 prin
    3 empo
    1 empo lv.x
    2 bronzor
    2 zong
    1 diglett
    1 trio
    2 toy
    2 dol
    1 chatot
    1 phione

4 bebe
    1 celios
    2 steve
    2 warp point
    2 cess
    1 maintenance
    3 roseanne
    4 candies
    3 TGW

7 water
    3 scramble
    4 call
    2 holon energy WP

the only thing that i would change is adding in an 8th water but other than that it played really well

PROPS

invite
    scholarship
    empoleon
    AZIZ PLACING 3RD!!
    orion winning with amazing. dek
    3 NJ players placing in top 8 and 1 NY player placing 3rd
    gino winning

slllopppss

none really other than getting really bad indian food

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  2. Psyco Pedestrian

Psyco Pedestrian New Member

Hey Alex, it's me Austin. Good job!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  3. Jaeger

Jaeger New Member

Congrats Man, See you at worlds

4. o-ren-itachi

o-ren-itachi New Member

good job. i might be joining you on the TRIP to worlds but i have to grind in

5. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

thanks everyone <3333333

6. jconti2818

jconti2818 Member

Dear Alex,

Excellent job, but I'm not surprised given how bright you are. I expect free lessons when you get back to Time Warp.

Go NJ crew at worlds and congrats again to our whole NJ crew for a great showing!

John

7. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

dude, awesome job beating austin, clint, and last years nats winner.

too bad you had to lose to this years xD

amazing job

8. Umbreon777

Umbreon777 New Member

Orion Craig and his infamous leg injuries...
    Congrats though.

9. Sandslash7

Sandslash7 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Congrats on getting 6th man!!!

Though, I see you played Diglett instead of Doduo..... :lol:

Very nice list, and again, congrats.

10. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

thanks again im just happy about getting an invite and being able to play all of the great seniors

11. charchar

charchar New Member

nice job. cya at worlds. ape shall not fail! me and my senior friend both went 7-1 with ape. again. good job and cya at worlds.

12. Serebii1997J

Serebii1997J New Member

Alex! You are awesome! Congrats, Skitty FTW

13. charchar

charchar New Member

definately. :lol: tail whip stall good game. AGAIN GOOD JOB!!!

14. Lordofflareons

Lordofflareons New Member

Eggselent work man, did i seriously use 3 candies t2? dang.....i thought it was just an ok setup......

15. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

ya u did lol but it doesnt matter now

16. Lordofflareons

Lordofflareons New Member

Least you didnt end up with the curse....... thiz year the curse came in absol form....oh boy.

17. kwis

kwis New Member

gj see you at worlds

18. deckmaster

deckmaster Active Member

Alex, I salute you. Great job buddy.

19. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

charchar- thanks man good luck at worlds and believe in skitty as i did
    flareon-thanks man it was nice meeting you absol FTL
    serebi-thanks dude
    kwis-thanks man
    frankie- thanks man you mentored me throughout the season. i won the trip cuz of you man good luck in the grinderz

20. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Ahh very nice job. Were you with B_B_C or did you just know him? And glad to meet you in real life!