Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

City Championships Medals! 2007-2008 Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GinoLombardi21

Idk if any of you noticed it. Remember the old city championship medals? The ones that said where you won. The city and the state was listed on them. I think the date too, im not sure. How come now it just says city championships on them. Does anyone know if they're ever gonna list the state, city, or date on them ever again?

I doubt it. Costs too much to individually engrave each medal. Plus it takes too much lead in time to make it practical. I don't think that will ever happen again.

what's stopping a winner of a medal from taking it to an engraving shop and having that info put onto it themselves?

'mom

I can remember one kid riding with us desparately trying to scrape the location OFF of his winner medal!

He did not want to be associated with Malden, Missouri!

I laughingly told him, it could be worse, you could have LOST in Malden Missouri!

Vince

Idk if any of you noticed it. Remember the old city championship medals? The ones that said where you won. The city and the state was listed on them. I think the date too, im not sure. How come now it just says city championships on them. Does anyone know if they're ever gonna list the state, city, or date on them ever again?

In order to engrave the city name, we had to ship each medal two extra times. The individual nature of the medal meant that there was an extra handling fee at the fullfillment warehouse. If you add these costs to the engraving fee and the administration time, this almost doubled the final cost of the medal.

In addition it caused a huge amount of stress on the shipping schedule. We ended up having to send numerous orders via 3-day express rather than ground. That price increase added up to more than the first one.

We have to make decisions on how best to spend our budget all the time. By dropping the city engraving I was able to squeeze about 30 extra Cities Championships each for Domestic and International into the same budget. From POP’s point of view, there is no question which is a better use of our resources.

i'll be happy to win a few cities medals. doesnt matter where. i'll just buy a little box for them and put a label on it. saying 'got this from rockford, il' or something to that effect.

In order to engrave the city name, we had to ship each medal two extra times. The individual nature of the medal meant that there was an extra handling fee at the fullfillment warehouse. If you add these costs to the engraving fee and the administration time, this almost doubled the final cost of the medal.

In addition it caused a huge amount of stress on the shipping schedule. We ended up having to send numerous orders via 3-day express rather than ground. That price increase added up to more than the first one.

We have to make decisions on how best to spend our budget all the time. By dropping the city engraving I was able to squeeze about 30 extra Cities Championships each for Domestic and International into the same budget. From POP’s point of view, there is no question which is a better use of our resources.

That is understandable, but 1 thing I don't like with the CC medals is they say "City Championships". Wouldn't it be better if it said "City Champion", since the winner became a City Champion. I don't know why I think like that, it just sounds better in my opinion. Do you see where I am coming from with this?

The other option is to make the city names seperately and mail them to the winners to attach later. Still considerably more expensive, I'm willing to bet.

The other option is to make the city names seperately and mail them to the winners to attach later. Still considerably more expensive, I'm willing to bet.

That's doesn't work, we still have to receive our Nameplates for the 2005 Nationals trophees and my best guess is: we will never get them.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

That is understandable, but 1 thing I don't like with the CC medals is they say "City Championships". Wouldn't it be better if it said "City Champion", since the winner became a City Champion. I don't know why I think like that, it just sounds better in my opinion. Do you see where I am coming from with this?

The 2004 ones said City Champion 2004 (and under it the name of the city engraved)

Last edited:
Medals are back this year? Good job POP, this was a very good move! I love medals!

One of the best responses I've ever heard on the 'gym!

*hugs Pete*

I think the ones that I'm going to win should be pre-enscribed with my name. So say, a couple dozen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back