Claydol/Whishcas/Drifblim/Dodrio/Primeape/Slowking

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Greenmel555, Feb 15, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenmel555

Greenmel555 New Member

Pokemon-28
    3 Claydol (HP)
    3 Baltoy (GE)
    3 Barboch (MT)
    3 WhishCash (MT)
    2 Drifloon (DP/POP6)
    2 Drifblim (DP)
    2 Doduo (MT)
    2 Dodrio (MT)
    2 Primeape (1 GE? 1 HP?)
    2 Mankey (GE)
    2 Slowpoke (GE)
    2 Slowking (GE)

Energies- 16
    4 Scramble
    4 Boost
    4 Fighting (3)
    4 Psychic (3)
    (2 Fire)

Trainers- 16
    3 Mentors
    4 Celio’s
    2 Bebe’s
    3 Oak’s Visit
    3 Mars
    1 Wager

Strategy- Many deck carry support pokemon, stantler/delcatty/claydol, stack up the damage 2nd turn with Claydol wide spread, set up with at least 1 Slowking and either Whiscash/ Claydol/ Drifblim/ Dodrio/ whatever works best for the situation, damage spread. (It’s ok to let your pokemon get knocked out because this deck mass kills) keep all pokemon heavily damaged and wipe them all out in one fell swoop.

Advantage- while your opponent has his bench filled with dieing pokemon, there is no potential for him to put down a new basic that he can attach to, to power up and evolve is decreased. Along with attaching to already hurt pokemon is a gamble as they can be knocked out easily and the energies are lost. Your opponent may see that you hit everyone in play and thus decides to keep pokemon in there hand which keeps it from powering up and can be wagered away.

Disadvantage- If they don’t play with a bench of at least two the deck isn’t particularly helpful since you can’t draw as many prizes. (but if a hard hitter is required you can hit with Primeape for 90( 120 Max w/Rage)/ Drifblim and Whiscash also hit for 60 (160 Max w/Fury). You will hurt yourself, try not to kill yourself and if they have a sniping or mass damage deck it could be risky (but all pokemon are fast to set up and scramble is good.) CRYSTAL BEACH WILL KILL YOU! (so change the deck list and add speed stadium/ battle frontier/ or play risky and hope no one puts out Crystal Beach. I tried using Primeape HP) Don’t let them stall you out/ play fast so they can’t win on prizes because you will be behind. If anyone plays Dugtrio or Bastiodon you can’t hit the bench making you fairly screwed/ but you still have some decent hitters, but you’ll probably lose still. EH Mr. Mime and Shuckle are also extremely irritating to play against, but who plays them?

Comments- I’ve deck tested it but, I keep ending up down to 1-1 and my pokemon all have low hp and get knocked out before I can knock out the rest of their bench. Give me suggestions on how to make it better! (With the exception of putting in Claydol GE, he’s too good to use…)

2. bonslypwns

bonslypwns New Member

Pokemon-20
    2 Claydol (HP)
    2 Baltoy (GE)
    3 Drifloon (DP/POP6)
    3 Drifblim (DP)
    4 Primeape (1 GE? 1 HP?)
    4 Mankey (GE)
    1 Slowpoke (GE)
    1 Slowking (GE)

Energies- 13