3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rare Candy
3 Max Potion
3 Switch

Energy: 14
4 Blend WLFM
10 Metal

Strategy:
Cobalion EX is the main attacker while Registeel EX can get some KO setup.
Klinklang will make all steel types immune to EX's with Plasma Steel so they can tank forever and the other will move energy around as needed and will allow for free Max potions.
Keldeo EX is there to get around the heavy retreat costs with Rush In and can also hit hard with Blend energies attached.

Problems:
  • No counter stadium. Thinking Tropical Beach or battle city, but where to make room?
  • No ACE SPEC yet. Computer Search? Dousing Machine? Maybe 1 Victini EX/Victory piece for mirrors?

I would add the victini EX + ace spec for these reasons
• Mirrors
• Fast energy most which metal decks have problems with

I would add the victini EX + ace spec for these reasons
• Mirrors
• Fast energy most which metal decks have problems with

ive tested victini ex in here quite a bit. first, if you run him dont run his ace spec. 4 prism is sufficient and you arent planning on using his second attack use dowsing machine, comp search, or scramble switch. i would also suggest not running him at all. this is due to a latter suggestion, il explain there.

next, dont run registeel ex, this deck dosent need spread damage, aggro cobalion is the way to go. it also takes up valuable bench space (again il get to that.)

deffinantly run 4 klink, 1 klang, and 3 of the PS klinklang along with 1 of the BW klinklang. they are the life line of the deck and the deck is an auto-loose to everything tier 1 if you cant at least keep a PS klinklang out.

add in 1-2 (i prefer 2) darkrai ex along with taking out 4 blend out for 4 prism. you can also take out all but 1 switch unless you decide to play scramble switch as ace spec, then a switch isnt needed. darkrai ex can be a nice attacker in a pinch and the keldo+ prism + darkrai ex if a much better retreat engine as you have unlimited uses. that brings another reason not to run registeel ex. the ideal bench with darkrai ex is: 1 klinklang PS, 1 klinklang BW, 1 keldo ex, 1 darkra ex, and 2 cobalion ex, one active and one benched. you could have one benched registeel ex and only one cobalion ex out, but as cobalion ex is the ideal attacker you need to be able to shift one up to attack next turn if the other is koed. this is also why i dont like victini ex, bench space and another ex non-metal. that means that all 6 of your opp prizes can be drawn without them koing a single metal pokemon and renders klinklang PS usless. i also dont think you need emolga to get pokemon out. klink and cobalion ex are the only basic pokemon you play and klink is easy to get out with heavy ball. i play 4 cobalion ex and never seem to have trouble drawing into them, but thats why i also play 1 ultra ball i can skyla for in a pinch.

im not to enthusiastic about the supporter line up. while i agree that colress is a great card, it is horrible untill about T4. i would drop the colress count to 2. i also like bianca over cheren in this deck as it has the potential to quickly drain a hand. i would drop cheren and play 2 or 3 bianca. i like 3 skyla and 3 N, though skyla could be dropped to 2 if you are desperate for space. i would also add in 2-3 juniper as she still is great draw support, only second to a very strong colress, but more consistent.

i dont think that 2 super rod is nessesary, i would ether cut it or drop to 1. i would also add in 1-2 energy retrieval for darkrai-hammers. try to bump heavy ball to 4 as it is key to getting the klinklang lines out. same goes for rare candy. 4 catcher is also possible to fit in and is great in any deck. 3 max potion is a great number.

14 energy should be dropped to 12, 4 blend and 8 metal.

instead of trying to summarize the changes i would make im just going to give you my list for states (probbably)
4 cobalion ex
1 klinklang BW
3 klinklang Ps
1 klang DEX
4 klink DEX
1 keldo EX
2 darkrai EX

3 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
2 Bianca
2 Juniper

4 pokemon catcher
4 rare candy
4 heavy ball
1 ultra ball
3 max potion
2 enetgy retreval or 1 energy retreval and 1 super rod, i havent quite decided which i like
1 switch
1 dowsing machine, but i may change this t

8 metal energy
4 prism energy

i dont play tropical beach for 3 reasons. first, i dont think its needed for great consistency, though i will consed it can help. second, cobalion ex has a T1 attack and can potentialy discard specials early game. this means that you should always have a way to attack every turn. lastly, i currently dont have one as i loaned it away to a friend who forgot to return it... ether way, if i do end up playing a stadium its going to be 1-2 tropical beach and/or possibly 1-2 pokemon center, but i need to test that more.

anyway, hope this helped!

EDIT: if mirrors are a concern, play 1 victini that knows v-create, 100 for 2 energy (benchtini). this would be ok because in the mirror PS klinklang isnt key to winning as cobalion ex can ignore the ability so benching one isnt a necessity. it also isnt an ex so your opp has to take at least one prize off a metal pkm. just dont start or bench with it in any mach other than a mirror match and you will be all good!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back