Colorful Dragon!!!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by mca3, Jan 17, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mca3

mca3 New Member

I have seen ideas for this deck, and I wanted to build it for about 2 weeks. So here is mine:

12 Pokemon:

3-2-3 Garchomp MT
    4 Smeargle SW

33 Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

2 Celios Network
    2 Bebe's Search
    2 Mr. Stone's Project
    2 Roseannes Research
    2 Island Hermits
    2 Castaway
    1 Scott
    4 Rare candy
    3 Night maintenance
    2 Great ball
    4 Plus Power
    4 Buffer piece
    2 Crystal Beach
    1 Drake Stadium

15 Energy:

5 Fighting Energy
    5 Psychic Energy
    5 Water Energy

You try to start with Smeargle. Let him get the proper energy, while you set up a Garchomp(s) on the bench. Then you bring in a loaded Garchomp to do 110+ Damage with the right energy matching the weakness of popular decks being played. I run the BP and the PP to keep Garchomp going!!! If you have any comments or recommendations, plaese let me know thanks.:thumb:

2. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

how about makeing the chomp line be a 4-2-4 and maybe play more types of energy. Everyone doesn't play the same deck do they.

3. mca3

mca3 New Member

I dont have but 3 Garchomp, I played that energy line for decks like Blisscatty, G&G, Fire Truck, etc.

4. holoncastform

holoncastform New Member

why not use 4 celios instead of 2 and 2 bb's search. Its not areal problem though.This deck looks awesome though.:biggrin:is spinda a contender:confused: :fire::grass::water::fighting::lightning:psychic::colorless:dark::metal:

5. mca3

mca3 New Member

Do you know if anyone is running a deck like this, I know people ar running Garchomp. I mean like my set up?

6. holoncastform

holoncastform New Member

i havent , people at the store that i play at now nothing :biggrin:

7. Blaziken 1111

Blaziken 1111 Active Member

I don't know if I've seen anyone play chomp in a tornoment at least. I've seen people try it out but blissey killed every chance it could get to be good.

8. mca3

mca3 New Member

I was thinking of running 2 holon FF with it, but that would mess up its poke power though.:confused:

9. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

I've seen people play Garchomp before.

They get screwed when someone knocks out their active Garchomp, 'cause they won't have a second pokemon with enough energy built up onto it.

Thus, you need energy acceleration. Who cares how many energy are in your hand, when you can only play 1 energy per turn anyways? That's kinda why I don't like Smeargle as a starter in here, but that's just me. Phione's ability to evolve looks highly useful, and might be worth looking into to make tech lines easier to use (IE: Firestarters, Togekiss, etc.).

Your energy count is most certainly low. If you play Togekiss or Delcatty or any other card like those, you'll want about 18 energy, not 15. You might want to start thinking about Fire Energy as well, but this is not a given. Certainly Metal Energy can be ignored. Lightning is questionable, as is dark energy. But Fire Energy may very well become a lot more useful should Sceptile become the bee's knees (no pun intended, and that'd be a horrible deck that tries to make that pun happen).

I also think your pokemon search ability is frightfully low. The pluspowers and Buffer Pieces might be useful in some cases, but do they get pokemon out? How often do you need to add damage to Garchomp? + 2 Pluspower to OHKO Gallade and Blissey (rare even with 4, due to hand disruption). +0 to OHKO Magmortar and Gardevoir (non-LV.X). Hmm.... How many instances of +1 are there? Not many? Oh... Is Pluspower really needed that much then?
    Buffer Piece... 4 copies feels like overkill. How many things will actually OHKO Garchomp? A massively overpowered Blissey? Gallade flipping over 4 prizes (3 if they have Pluspower)? A Massively overpowered Magmortar? And you can OHKO Magmortar and critically damage the others? Only Blissey would have ability to actually deal another OHKO? Hm.
    What about Two Hit KO? You'd only need to do 70*2 to KO Garchomp. A lot of things can do 80 damage... Does reducing one to 60 but keeping the next hit at 80 save Garchomp? No... Not really. You'd need 2 Buffer Piece to keep Garchomp in the battle. Almost seems like it'd be easier to just Scoop Up Garchomp, having your energy accelerator capable of having a second Garchomp reliably. :/

If you make some space from that, you should be able to find room for some more pokemon search, like Quick Balls, Great Balls (second is GREAT with Phione as starter), and Celio's Network. Heck, you might even find room for your tech line in here.

Good luck with the Land Dragon. I couldn't seem to make it work (which made me SAD during Battle Roads), but I haven't tried Great Encounters inspired tricks yet, so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.