Combos for Swampert?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by dkates, Apr 19, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. dkates

dkates New Member

Other than Swampert ex and Suicune ex, what are some good cards to combo with Holo Swampert? I just got a few Swampert and want to build a deck around them, but I don't have any Swampert ex or Suicune ex (For that matter, I don't have any TM/TA cards). If anyone knows of some good combos, please post here to let me know.

2. MuRa

MuRa New Member

How about TA Walrein?

3. Xeno

Xeno New Member

I keep thinking about Dragon Gyarados and multiple Swamperts on the bench. Play a boost and as many waters as there are swamperts on the same turn to do 80 early in the game until you have 5 waters on it.

4. dkates

dkates New Member

Well, I figured out an interesting combo, and even built a deck out of it -- Swampert + Delcatty + Magneton. On paper, it looks a little iffy, but in practice, it works! Just cycle Energy among your hand, the discard pile, and in play. It's posted in the deck forum, if you want to take a look. Xeno, your combo looks interesting too. MuRa, you quoted my post but obviously didn't notice that I said I don't have TM/TA cards.

5. PokeMasterFlabface

PokeMasterFlabface <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

You can also try Wailord and Wailord Ex. Getting Energy fast is really deadly, and they are only Stage 1 Pokemon. Try and get a Wailord and Swampert out on the 2nd turn, use a Seer to get some Water Energy to your Pokemon. You can have a powered up Wailord real fast! Use some boosts to make it even more evil! :)

6. Imperial

Imperial New Member

pokemasterflabface? you sound as if your andy newman talking bout wailords.
    swampert is good by himself, but yeah, the MAGNEON DELCATTY SWAMPUMS is good.

7. PokeMasterFlabface

PokeMasterFlabface <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

:D

But yeah the Swampy is a very good Pokemon by himself, wit the Magneton/Delcatty combo the deck becomes very good. Getting a lot of Energies on all your Pokemon helps out Magneton a lot, doing a lot of damage when you need it. With Oracles on your side this deck, if set up right, will not lose to a Blaziken variant. :)

8. Mob2099

Mob2099 New Member

swampert+sw.EX+omastar+bounce nrg+(pokemon for nrg stadium, forget name)

swamperts and omastars lines can all use d. colorless.
    the bounce and stadium make it easier not to have 2 water nrg in hand but still attach 2 nrg or get another to attach per turn. and pull down is so underated.

9. dkates

dkates New Member

I said, not Swampert ex. As far as Omastar, that's an interesting idea, but we're talking about a second Stage 2 line, even if it is one that starts from a Fossil. Bounce Energy is a combo I thought about briefly, but I'm not sure if it's really worth it. Note that that does not mean that I'm sure it isn't, just that I am not sure it is. The Stadium you're thinking of, which BTW is called Mystery Zone, could work, though I doubt my opponent would be able to keep a straight face if he/she saw it. Then again, maybe that's a good thing...

10. ~Blazi-King~

~Blazi-King~ Active Member

what about the holo salamence....it takes half water and for the fire part you could run multi and its great against water and fire decks ( resistance ) until sharded and also has that nice gust of wind poke power....i have a deck im testing that has 'mence and blaze....but jus an idea that ive been wanting to try with swampy....ttyl

11. dkates

dkates New Member

An interesting idea, ~Blazi-King~, but that is two Stage 2 lines. I find decks with more than one Stage 2 line to be a little risky, especially if their synergy is anything less than perfect.

12. SteveP

SteveP Active Member

Swampert/EX/LatiasEX/Magneton does very well. It finished second at the UT State Championship 15+.