Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for February 11, 2016

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, February 11th, 2016
(Added February 11th Rulings, plus FAQ for XY:BREAKpoint)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* January 14th, 2016 -- No New Rulings!! --
* January 21st, 2016 -- No New Rulings!! --
* January 28th, 2016 -- No New Rulings!! --
* XY09: BREAKpoint FAQ --
* February 4th, 2016 -- No New Rulings!! --
* February 11th, 2016 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ANCIENT TRAITS

POKEMON ABILITIES

== WIND CHARM (Suicune - XY: BREAKpoint)

Q. If I have Suicune with the "Wind Charm" Ability Active and my opponent attacks with Greninja's "Shadow Stitching", are all my Abilities turned off including "Wind Charm", or does "Wind Charm" prevent "Shadow Stitching" from disabling my Pokemon's Abilities?
A. Wind Charm prevents Shadow Stitching from disabling your Pokemon's Abilities. However, if Suicune goes to the Bench, Wind Charm's effect goes away and your Pokemon will no longer have Abilities that turn. Suicune also does not protect any Pokemon not already in play. (BREAKpoint FAQ; Feb 11, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

== ZAP ZONE (Zebstrika - XY: BREAKpoint)

Q. If my Zebstrika with the "Zap Zone" Ability attacks a Pokemon with {L} Weakness, does the Weakness get ignored because of "Zap Zone"?
A. No, Weakness & Resistance are game mechanics, they are not effects that would be ignored because of Zap Zone. (BREAKpoint FAQ; Feb 11, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== MIRACULOUS SHINE (Espeon EX - XY: BREAKpoint)

Q. If a Frogadier is in play by itself from the "Water Duplicates" attack, will Espeon-EX's "Miraculous Shine" attack return it to its player's hand?
A. No. In this case, Frogadier is in play as an Unevolved Stage 1, so there is no evolution to return to the hand. (BREAKpoint FAQ; Feb 11, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

== SHADOW STITCHING (Greninja - XY: BREAKpoint)

Q. If I have Suicune with the "Wind Charm" Ability Active and my opponent attacks with Greninja's "Shadow Stitching", are all my Abilities turned off including "Wind Charm", or does "Wind Charm" prevent "Shadow Stitching" from disabling my Pokemon's Abilities?
A. Wind Charm prevents Shadow Stitching from disabling your Pokemon's Abilities. However, if Suicune goes to the Bench, Wind Charm's effect goes away and your Pokemon will no longer have Abilities that turn. Suicune also does not protect any Pokemon not already in play. (BREAKpoint FAQ; Feb 11, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

== WATCH AND LEARN (Sudowoodo - XY: BREAKpoint)

Q. Say my opponent's Rattata used its "Dangerous Suspicion" attack which moves it to the Bench. On my next turn, could I use Sudowoodo's "Watch and Learn" attack to copy "Dangerous Suspicion"?
A. Yes, you can. A Pokemon being benched or leaving play does not keep the attack from being copied by Watch and Learn. (BREAKpoint FAQ; Feb 11, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

== WATER DUPLICATES (Frogadier - XY: BREAKpoint)

Q. If a Frogadier is in play by itself from the "Water Duplicates" attack, will Espeon-EX's "Miraculous Shine" attack return it to its player's hand?
A. No. In this case, Frogadier is in play as an Unevolved Stage 1, so there is no evolution to return to the hand. (BREAKpoint FAQ; Feb 11, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== PSYCHIC'S THIRD EYE (XY: BREAKpoint)

Q. If I play "Psychic's Third Eye", do I get to discard cards from my opponent's hand?
A. No. You look at their hand, but you discard from your own hand. (BREAKpoint FAQ; Feb 11, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

== SPLASH ENERGY (XY: BREAKpoint)

Q. If Greninja has Splash Energy attached and is Knocked Out by damage from my opponent's attack, do I put the Greninja card into my hand or to the Discard Pile?
A. No, you put all the Pokemon in the evolution line into your hand, including Mega and Break evolutions. Any other cards attached such as Tools or Energy are discarded. (BREAKpoint FAQ; Feb 11, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

== EVOLVING/DEVOLVING

Q. If I use Greninja's "Water Shuriken" ability first and then evolve to Greninja BREAK on the same turn, would I be able to use its "Water Shuriken" ability again?
A. No, you cannot. Even though Greninja evolved into Greninja BREAK and retains the Abilities of its previous evolution, it still remembers that it has already used up its once-per-turn Water Shuriken ability for that turn. (Feb 11, 2016 TPCi Rules Team)

Back