Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

==> Compendium Updates for March 20, 2008

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

* March 20th, 2008 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON POWERS

== GUARD (Unown-G - DP:Great Encounters)

Q. If Electivire Lv.X uses "Pulse Barrier" to discard tools against a Defending Pokemon with Unown-G's "GUARD" attached, does the Unown-G get discarded or does "GUARD" prevent that effect?
A. The Unown-G would prevent Pulse Barrier's effect of discarding tools, so it would stay attached. But Unown-G does not prevent any tools attached to other Pokemon from being discarded. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== TRUMP CARD (Slowking - DP:Great Encounters)

Q. If I had two Pokemon KO'd during my previous turn, would Slowking's "Trump Card" Poke-POWER allow me to draw two cards?
A. No, "Trump Card" only allows you to draw one card regardless of how many Pokemon got Knocked Out the previous turn. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I have two Slowkings with the "Trump Card" Poke-POWER in play, would I get to use both of them during the turn after my opponent KO's one of my Pokemon?
A. Yes, in that situation you would get to draw one card for each "Trump Card" Poke-POWER you have in play. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ATTACKS

== PARALLEL DRAIN (Butterfree - DP:Great Encounters)

Q. Does Butterfree's "Parallel Drain" attack take Weakness & Resistance into account before or after removing the damage counters on my own Pokemon?
A. Anything that adds to (Weakness, PlusPower) or removes from (Resistance, etc.) the final amount of damage done affects the number of damage counters you may remove. It's simple - if the final result of the attack does 60 damage to the Defending Pokemon, then you remove six damage counters from one of your Pokemon. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I use Butterfree's "Parallel Drain" attack, may I choose to remove fewer damage counters than the amount of damage done by the attack?
A. You may choose a Pokemon with fewer damage counters on it and remove all of them, but you cannot choose to remove fewer damage counters if the Pokemon already has as many or more damage counters on it than the attack damage did. For example, if you did 30 damage and have 50 damage on the Pokemon you choose, you cannot remove less than three damage counters from that Pokemon. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

== PULSE BARRIER (Electivire Lv.X - DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. If Electivire Lv.X uses "Pulse Barrier" to discard tools against a Defending Pokemon with Unown-G's "GUARD" attached, does the Unown-G get discarded or does "GUARD" prevent that effect?
A. The Unown-G would prevent Pulse Barrier's effect of discarding tools, so it would stay attached. But Unown-G does not prevent any tools attached to other Pokemon from being discarded. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

POKEMON ITEMS

TRAINER CARDS

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

== LEVELING UP

Q. I know you can't level up a Pokemon on the same turn as it evolves, but what about leveling up a Basic Pokemon (like Darkrai) on same turn as it is played?
A. No, similar to evolving the Pokemon cannot level up on the same turn it comes into play, nor on your first turn of the game. (Mar 20, 2008 PUI Rules Team)

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY

TRADING FIGURE GAME

BDS

Back