Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Compendium Updates for November 14th, 2019

PKM4

Compendium Publishing Assistant
Last edited: Thursday, November 14th, 2019
(Added November 14th Rulings)

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

This edition of the Rulings Compendium includes:

|
|
* November 7th, 2019 -- No New Rulings!! --
* November 14th, 2019 TPCi Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

META-RULINGS

POKEMON ABILITIES

POKEMON ATTACKS

== ALTERED CREATION GX (Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX - SM: Cosmic Eclipse)

Q. When I use Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX's "Altered Creation GX" attack do I take a Prize card if I Knock Out Lillie's Poke Doll?
A. No, you have to be able to take a prize card in order to take "an extra prize card". (Nov 14, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== COPYCAT (Mimikyu - SM: Team Up)

Q. Can I use Mimikyu's "Copycat" attack to copy an attack like "Flare Strike" that says "this Pokemon can't use Flare Strike during your next turn" and then on my next turn use "Copycat" to copy that same attack again?
A. Attacks like Flare Strike put an effect on the Pokemon that prohibits using that particular attack on your next turn. But Mimikyu's Copycat attack doesn't have that restriction; so yes, you can use Copycat to copy Flare Strike multiple turns in succession. (Nov 14, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

==RECALL (Empoleon - SM: Cosmic Eclipse)

Q. If I evolve Empoleon with the "Recall" attack into Empoleon BREAK, does that mean the Empoleon BREAK can use "Recall" to copy the Empoleon card's "Aquafall" attack for just the cost of "Recall"?
A. Yep, that'll work because the Stage 2 Empoleon is considered a "previous Evolution" of Empoleon BREAK. (Nov 14, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== SKY LEGENDS GX (Moltres & Zapdos & Articuno GX - SM: Hidden Fates)

Q. If I have a single Rainbow Energy attached to Moltres & Zapdos & Articuno GX, can I use the extra effect of its "Sky Legends GX" attack?
A. No, even though Rainbow Energy provides all energy types simultaneously, it only provides one unit of energy. You can use it for either the Fire or the Water or the Lightning, but you still need additional units of energy for the other required types. (Nov 14, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== CLAY (SM: Cosmic Eclipse)

Q. If I use Clay and discard multiple Item cards, do I only pick one Item card or do I have to put all Item cards discarded by it into my hand?
A. All of them. There is no choice because it does not say "you may". (Nov 14, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

== LILLIE's POKE DOLL (SM: Cosmic Eclipse)

Q. When I use Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX's "Altered Creation GX" attack do I take a Prize card if I Knock Out Lillie's Poke Doll?
A. No, you have to be able to take a prize card in order to take "an extra prize card". (Nov 14, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

Back