Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

==> Compendium Updates for October 25, 2007

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

* October 25th, 2007 PUI Rules Team Meeting -- (*) --

xxxxxxxxx1xxxxxxxxx2xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx4xxxxxxxxx5 xxxxxxxxx6xxxxxxxxx7xxxxxxxxx8

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERRATA

POKEMON POWERS

POKEMON ITEMS

POKEMON ATTACKS

== MINING (Mawile - EX:Crystal Guardians)

Q. Mawile's "Mining" attack says to search your deck for a Trainer. Can it also get a Supporter or Stadium?
A. Yes, since Mawile is a pre-Diamond and Pearl card, when it says "Trainer" it includes all Trainers, Supporters and Stadiums, regardless of set. (Oct 25, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Q. Mawile's "Mining" attack let's you search your deck for a Trainer and put it in your hand, or if its a Pokemon Tool attach it to one of your Pokemon. Can you use "Mining" to attach a Strength Charm to Mawile?
A. Yes, but it will be discarded from the attacking Pokemon at the end of the turn. If you attach it to another Pokemon, it is not discarded, because that Pokemon did not attack. (Oct 25, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I use "Mining" to attach a Buffer Piece to one of my Pokemon, is it still discarded at the end of my opponent's turn, even though I didn't 'play' it?
A. Yes, the attachment via the attack is handled as if it was played on the turn of the attack. (Oct 25, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

== PULSE BARRIER (Electivire LV.X - DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. If Electivire LV.X's "Pulse Barrier" attack is used against a Defending Pokemon with Holon Energy WP and a basic Water Energy attached, I know you would not discard any tools attached to the Defending Pokemon, but you would discard your opponent's stadium. Does the attack's protective effect still apply in this situation?
A. Pulse Barrier does not check to see if all the cards are discarded. It checks if ANY cards were discarded, in order to start the protective effect. (Oct 25, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

TRAINER CARDS

== QUICK BALL (DP:Mysterious Treasures)

Q. If I use Quick Ball and the very first card revealed is a Pokemon, do I still have to shuffle my deck?
A. If the first revealed card is a Pokemon then the deck is not shuffled as there are no "other revealed cards" to shuffle back in. (Oct 25, 2007 PUI Rules Team)

ENERGY CARDS

GENERAL GAMEPLAY

TWO ON TWO GAMEPLAY

TEAM GAMEPLAY

TRADING FIGURE GAME

Back