Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Complete Error & Misprint Card Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

leunglg

Besides Shadowless and Jungle missing symbol and the below list?
Are there any other error cards out there you know of not here? :eek: Please list the card, series, edition, and description of error.

The list below is with the help of EVERYONE :clap:
  • Kakuna Base: printed with "Length" instead of weight.
  • Bulbasaur Base: printed with "Length" instead of weight.
  • Caterpie Base: printed with HP40 instead of 40 HP.
  • Metapod Base: printed with HP70 instead or 70 HP.
  • Vulpix Base: printed with HP50 instead or 50 HP.
  • Voltorb Base: printed with "easily mistaken for a Monster Ball" instead of, "easily mistaken for a Poke Ball".
  • Diglett Base: printed with the fighting energy symbol for it's first attack sideways.
  • Pikachu Base: printed with the original red Pikachu cheeks. Later they decided to switch to yellow cheeks.
  • Ninetales Base: printed with no damage for it's second attack, Fire Blast
  • Butterfree Jungle: "1st Edition" symbol looks like a lowercase "d."
  • Rapidash Jungle: printed with "Put Rapidash on the Stage 1 card" (The error is not corrected)
  • Pikachu Jungle Promo: printed with the "1st Edition Symbol."
  • Zadpos Fossil 1 st Edition: had the outline of an evolution box imprinted or cut into the foil.
  • Zadpos Fossil Unlimited Edition: had the outline of an evolution box imprinted or cut into the foil.
  • Dark Dragonite Team Rocket: Non holo card printed with holo card number. Error in both first and unlimited edition, and is corrected in both edition.
  • Dark Persian Promo: Printed without HP
  • Prerelease Raichu Promo: Printed with Prerelease stamp.
  • Acient Mew Japanese Promo: Spell Nintendo wrong.
  • Electrode Jungle: All first eidtion is printed with base picture.
  • Charmelon Base: Printed with a yellow spot on leg (lack of ink)
  • Mewtwo Base: Printed in more blueish over the whole card background.
  • Rocket's mewtwo WTCO baset Pomo: bubble in card (lack of ink).
  • Shining Tyranitar: printed with "hust" instead of "just". The card is not corrected.
  • Slakoth: series? edition? correction?
  • Marill from Sandstorm, a common card printed without retreat cost. It is corrected later
  • Machamp Japanese Vending: series 2 or 3? edition? correction?
  • Blaine's Charizard Gym Challenge: printed with fightng energy symbol on it instead of a Fire symbol. Error is corrected in later unlimited edition (some unlimited edition still have error)
  • Rocket's Minefield Gym Gym Challenge: printed with missing the number 2 right before damage counters. The error is corrected
  • Base Wartortle. The "evolves from" picture is of another wartortle!
  • Jungle Rapidash :"Put Rapidash on the Stage 1 card". Error NOT corrected.
  • EX: Battle Stadium has Stage 2 Combusken.
  • Unown O: "Once during you turn,....." series? edition? correction?[/
  • Dark Arbok: mistake with year correction?[/
  • Lanturn Aquapolis: w/ the useless Poké-Body symbol correction?

Last edited:
I have the Mewtwo, it was an original print, but the error was noticed, and they were corrected, giving them purple backgrounds. It's not much of a difference, buy oh well.

I have the Charmeleon and the Base Pikachu...I know someone who knows someone who has the pre Riachu

TylerM said:
I know someone who knows someone who has the pre Riachu

I believe we all know someone that knows someone......

What about Rocket's Minefield Gym?

All the Machamps are drawn wrongly!!

http://www.pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13408

Can we consider Machamp, expedition machamp, skyridge machamp and Light Machamp as a false print (misprint) as it is wearing a belt?

Base Set Machamps, Dark machamps,Giovanni's Machamps, Legendary Machamps,don't, and in game Machamps don't.
The belts are said to contain energy for evolution and disappears after it evolves!

Maybe only newer machamps are wrong.

I mean, look at William hung's avatar...
does he wear a belt? (i mean the machamp)

joehardyreturns said:
All the Machamps are drawn wrongly!!

http://www.pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13408

Can we consider Machamp, expedition machamp, skyridge machamp and Light Machamp as a false print (misprint) as it is wearing a belt?

Base Set Machamps, Dark machamps,Giovanni's Machamps, Legendary Machamps,don't, and in game Machamps don't.
The belts are said to contain energy for evolution and disappears after it evolves!

Maybe only newer machamps are wrong.

I mean, look at William hung's avatar...
does he wear a belt? (i mean the machamp)
I hope Will wears a belt!
Otherwise, that could make for an interesting rendition of "She Bang!"!!

Anyway, I would not consider those errors, per se.
However, the Vending Machoke should be called an error. It has a picture of a Machop!

Dom Jordan said:
Rocket's Minefield Gym was not corrected I think.
That was what I think too. I thought they never change it.

Gardyrocks! said:
Isnt Marill an error the ones tat have no retreat
Which series would that be from? Is it Sandstorm?

PokePop said:
Anyway, I would not consider those errors, per se.
However, the Vending Machoke should be called an error. It has a picture of a Machop!
Did you mean the one from Japanese Vending series? Is it 2 or 3?

Also I have heard about this card?
Blaine's Charizard This Gym Challenge card was printed with a Fighting energy symbol on it instead of a Fire symbol.
Does this one exist?

Last edited:
Yes there never was a corrected Rocket's Minefield Gym (possibly an International set had it worded correctly?)

All Blaine's Charizards had the :fighting: symbol instead of :fire:

Add these to your list:
  • Base Set Rapidash HP50/50HP error (actually, the corrected version is rarer than the error)
  • Base Set: many cards were printed in Black & White, not color (you ain't seen nothin till you've seen a Base Set B&W Charizard!)
Also, I believe the 1st edition Jungle Electrode had the wrong artwork on the picture. It's been a while since I've seen one, but maybe somebody can fill in the blanks on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back