Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Complicated Rare Candy and Wally's Training Combinations?

I legally evolve a Pokemon in play using either Rare Candy or by playing an evolution card from my hand or using a Pokemon Power, then I make sure the Pokemon is my Active Pokemon. Can I use Wally's Training on that Pokemon to evolve it again that same turn?

I legally evolve a Pokemon in play using either Wally's Training or by playing an evolution card from my hand or using a Pokemon Power. Can I use Rare Candy on that Pokemon to evolve it again that same turn?

I legally evolve a Pokemon in Play using any method. Can I use a Pokemon's
attack to evolve it again that turn?
{This has always been legal in the past.}

From the Master Rules Document:
Erika's Clefairy (LV 16) - Gym Challenge
Erika's Clefairy has an attack called Lunar Power... You CAN play this attack on the first turn and you can even choose a Pokémon on your Bench that you just played this turn. Since this attack has you take a card from your deck and place it, it NOT stopped by the standard evolution limits. This also falls under the term "played". Aerodactyl's Pokémon Power "Prehistoric Power" says No more Evolution cards can be played. The Lunar Power attack would NOT be affected by this as those cards are not "played" (meaning played from your hand).

[Of course, the first turn evolution is gone now, but the rest should hold true.]

I legally evolve a Pokemon in Play using any method. Can I use a Pokemon's
Pokemon Power, Poke-Power, or Poke-Body to evolve it again that turn?

{This has always been legal in the past.}
From the Master Rules Document:

Koga's Kakuna (LV 21) - Gym Challenge

You can attempt to use the Emerge Pokemon Power the turn that you played Koga's Kakuna and possibly breaking the normal rules of evolution.

[Of course, the first turn evolution is gone now, but the rest should hold true.]

I want to play Rare Candy or Wally's Training, but a Pokemon Power, Poke-Power, or Poke-Body does not allow Evolution cards to be played. Can I still play Rare Candy or Wally's Training since they are different from playing an Evolution Card directly from your hand as a normal evolution?

{Since attacks and Pokemon Powers get around this, it is quite possible Rare Candy and Wally's Training should too.}

Last edited:
Back