Counter Deck

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Xaej, Jun 17, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaej

Xaej New Member

Pokemon20
    4 Corsola
    2 Furret
    2 Sentret
    2 Banette
    2 Shuppet
    2 Gyarados
    2 Magikarp
    2 Electrode
    2 Voltorb

Supporters 4
    4 BeBe's Search
    3 Roseanne's Research
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Team Galactic's Wager
    2 Celio's Network

Trainers 6
    3 Warp Point
    3 Plus Power

Tools/Stadiums 1
    1 Cressation Crystal

Energy 19
    5 Psychic
    5 Water
    5 Electric
    2 Call Energy
    1 Multi Energy
    1 Scramble Energy

Explanation/Strategy:

Strategy is simple. Corsola is ideal starter - use Rally to bring out SentretElectrode is for countering Empoleon, while dealing heavy damage to others. Gyarados is for countering Magmortar/Infernape, while dealing heavy damage to others. Banette is for countering Gardevoir/Gallade, while dealing heavy damage to others. Furrett is for fast set-ups (I chose Furrett over Claydol mainly because of the cards that I own personally, as well as the ability to set up better depending on the deck that I'm facing).

BeBe's Search is a good card to search for any Pokemon you need, which will vary every match. Roseanne's Research is an alternative to Corsola, in case of other starts. TV Reporter is good draw and it helps get a Banette in your discard pile as well. Team Galactic's Wager is for hand disruption. Celio's Network is additional search.

Warp Point is for energy & bench disruption. Plus Power is for adding 10 damage because most of my counters fall 10 damage short of KO'ing their intended counter-ee. Don't forget that Furrett helps get these as necessary.

Cessation Crystal is for added disruption. Only 1 because I also use Poke-Powers, but the deck doesn't rely on them. Good additional deck-counter.

Scramble is primarily to help out with Gyarados.

I've been thinking about trying to tech in a 2-2 Arcanine or something of the sort. 3 energy for 120 damage, and Leafeon/Sceptile & friends are big in my area.

Thoughts/Ideas/Criticism?

- Xaej

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. Shino Bug Master

Shino Bug Master Front Page News Editor

Pick either Pachirisu GE, or Furrett as your starter. Corsola is obsolete, as Pachi can hit empoleon hard and get rid of tools (like CC). Your supporter count is off, and a 2-2 Banette is fail. 4-4 or even 34 is the only way to really run banette. Finally, sack the 2 call energy for another 2 psychic.

3. Xaej

Xaej New Member

The Pachirisu is a good point. I don't have any at the moment, but if I do I will likely switch them out.

As for the 2-2 Banette, it is yet to fail, I've gotten him out and used him successfully in every match I've needed him thusfar. As such, another 2 psychic would not be necessary.

Call Energy is very helpful in case of Magikarp etc starts.

- Xaej

4. Corrosion

Corrosion New Member

2-2 ninetales instead of 2-2 banette

power allows it to battle gardevior/gallade, garchomp,blissey/ampharos(because everyone runs claydol),plus leafeon naturally

5. zerophenx_chaos

zerophenx_chaos New Member

yeah i can see the ninetails, color switch and all. But where's the night maintenance?

6. Xaej

Xaej New Member

Ninetails seems like a good idea, but at 60 his attack isn't going to be doing any OHKO'ing. I might still go with him over Banette, though.

What do you think I should take out for the Night Maintenance(s)?

- Xaej

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.