counter gyms

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by celeni, Aug 20, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. celeni

celeni New Member

i have been noticeing that alot of people have been omiting or in other words leaving windstorms out of their lists. the other thing is that most decks only include two gyms or so instead,negating the possibility for a cessation counter. my question is why leave these pieces out? i understand a loss of space but nearly all decks like mario and kricket will include enough cessations and battle frontiers to lock you. not to mention crystal beach will get more play than ever with DRE rainbow playable in more decks than ever before. is counter gyms not necessary anymore because of the damage decks cause coupled with galactic bet being in the enviornment. i just dont see why people are leaving these counter gyms out of their decks when high damage and galactic bets will be in lock decks too as well.

2. Dom

Dom New Member

Its the smart play they're cards that don't actually do anything in their own right, and most dekcs that use Cess right now are just bad anyway you just outplay them cos their probably a bad player lol j/k but anyways ya what dom said

3. Dark Weedle

Dark Weedle New Member

most setup decks run at least 3...Good players figure they can outplay anyone playing at errible dekc like t2 cricket or mario by running more setup cards instead of windstorms...And with the loss of giant stump there isnt a good stadium for most decks

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

The reason why windstorm has gone down in use is because Cursed Stone is gone. Back when a deck could play the two together, the common play for a wise player was to stagger their drops (ie not drop cess/cursed at the same time continuously), thus allowing for a guaranteed lock of something. That combo was rightfully deemed to be a bit too obnoxious (especially for a deck like Empoleon to abuse), so now...poof! No more Cursed, so far less Windstorms. =)