Cowardly Pokemon

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by SuperWooper, Jan 15, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

About pokemon that go back to the bench after they attack, here, I'll list some:
    Genesis Donphan
    Discovery Forretress
    Expedition Gengar
    Dragons Ninjask
    Dragons Forretress
    Rocket Dark Alakazam

Yes, I'm sure there are more. No, I'm not writing all of them.

Anybody who wants to respond, what is the best pokemon to put out into the active position overall. Don't give me well in this situation, well if that happened. Just straight up best.
    I'll name a few good ones.

Any baby pokemon, especially the Genesis, Discovery, Revelation, and Promotional babies with free retreat cost. Expedition Magby is alright, too, with High Pressure System to make its retreat free.

Claw Fossil

Root Fossil

Shedinja

SS Wobbuffet >_< sorry, had to put that face, force of habit :rolleyes:

Lilypad Mew promo 46 I think it is

I'd like to know, I tend to lean towards cowardly pokemon like the above when I'm playing just for fun. Babyporter (Dark Alakazam and lotsa babies) is totally awesome, since four dark energies means seventy in one turn and the opponent might not even hurt you. That deck in unlimited is pretty cool, but suffers from tons of dark types with psychic resistances.

So I'd just like to know what all the people think.

Thanks,

:unknown-u :unknown-o :unknown-o :unknown-p :unknown-e :unknown-r

2. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

Consider some of the new pokemon with "strike back" Poké-Bodies. Each one has a body that does something to the opponent when it gets damaged in the active slot.

RS Carvanha/Sharpedo: Place damage counters (Carvanha 1, Sharpedo 2)

SS Cacnea/Cacturne: Poisons

SS Growlithe/Arcanine: Burns

And an oldy, Koga's Muk: when damaged coin flip to remove an energy from your opponent.

3. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Dunsparce is a coward too, as well as being a great opening pokemon. Jumpluff with a damage counter on it is good, as is wailord EX.

Can't answer which is best as obvioulsy it depends upon the deck, but just asking for which is best is getting dangerously close to a POLL.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  4. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

I hate polls as much as you do, I just want some feedback. Mr. Grass, good suggestion. Sharpedo is good to put out, especially when you did lots of damage the previous turn, and twenty hits them. Attack Counterattacks Claws to Sharpedo and your opponent might think twice about attacking. Thirty damage (on average) if they do, none if they don't. Woah. I might just try that out.

5. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Attach Counterattacks claws, not attack it. Sorry.
    :p

6. Dañel

Dañel New Member

:grass: I play with ninjask and shedinja and together they are stoped a blaze/tales
    so I agree with venasaur :grass:

:grass:Kimi ga suki da to sakebitai:grass:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2004
  7. davechri

davechri New Member

This one is *SO* easy...

Considering that Expedition Gengar is placed high on your list, the BEST Pokemon to use as "cover" is the Fossil/LC Haunter.

Its Transparency power essentially makes him a baby, but (a) with 50 HP and (b) resistant to Fighting. And he's a free retreater. Focus Band Haunter and you've given your opponent a difficult Pokemon to KO.

(If we're talking Modified, I'd probably have to go with Jumpluff, although that hasn't worked out so well for me. A Stage 2 as a Pokemon to hide behind? Not such a great use of deck resources...)

8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

the best one yet, Recycle energy!!!! Just use LSSP, and since ot is in play, it returns to hand....