Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Creating a league without a Player ID card

Aubiek

Due to a lack of any leagues within a long distance of my location (I am in Vermont - closest league shows up as New York or New Hampshire) I have been looking into getting one started. There is a pretty decent base of people interested - however I am having the same issue as the person in this older thread:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133468

Having setup an account on Pokemon.com is not enough, they still need that Player ID from a league before you can get the application going to become a league host.

Setting up a Play! Pokémon account

Getting your Play! Pokémon account is easy!

Use our Event Locator and find an event near you
Attend a League or Tournament, where the organizer will give you a Player ID card
Follow the steps on the card to activate your full account
You're done!

The issue is obvious, with no local league, there is no easy way to obtain a Player ID card.

I have an email out to Pokemon support (to actually, there seems to be some legacy support info on their site that points to invalid emails) but have yet to hear back from them.

Any advice, or help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Aubiek :pokeball:

Last edited:
You used to be able to get an online POP ID (that is how I got mine) when you created a Trainer's
Club ID. I would still reach out to Support: http://support.pokemon.com

Here is an extract from the Support Site about POP IDs:

If you discover that there are no events near you, please contact us with the kind of events you
intend to apply for and any information on the venue and your plans that you feel will be helpful.
Once we review the information you provide regarding your plans and confirm that obtaining a
Player ID near you is not feasible, we may be able to assign a Player ID manually.

Physical POP IDs are currently backordered, with a decent number of League Organizers still
waiting for them to finish printing them and ship them out.

Your best bet, once your League has been approved is to reach out to your closest Premier
Tournament Organizer (PTO)(s) and ask them for help with ID Cards. They also be able to help
in getting a League formed with/for you.

That is the advice that is being recommended to all new League Leaders.

Austin Chick
New Tampa Pokemon League
Pokemon Professor and League Organizer/Leader

Last edited:
Back