Crobar

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by KingGengar, Aug 26, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

4 zubat mt
    3 golbat mt
    4 crobat mt

3 gastly dp
    1 haunter dp
    3 gengar dp

2 great ball
    2 mentor
    4 celio's
    4 rare candy
    2 steven's
    2 rowan
    2 team galactic
    4 windstorm
    3 ssu
    1 night maintenance
    1 warp point

12 psychic
    3 dre (for gengar)

STRATEGY: Get out Crobat ASAP for Toxic. Even a slow Crobat allows you quick 30's with Golbat while viewing opponent's hand. Once Crobat is built, and you have another Pokemon on your Bench (vital), you can start sniping 50. Plus, you build Gengar so that you can have Toxic+ Life Drain. Even if Life Drain fails, Toxic does its thing.

The main problem with the deck is the starting Pokemon, which are both pretty awful.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  2. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

I can sort of see the synergy ... but it seems to me that the deck would be much better off with a starter like Chingling / Chimecho.

My gut is that the bat has other partners with more compatability out there.

3. The Gorn

The Gorn Active Member

But that is compensated for by the most EXCELLENT deckname. Well done.

4. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

Yeah, the synergy is there, but it takes a lot of good luck to get it set up and going.

Thanks Gorn-man!

5. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I'd definitely look into Chingling and Chimecho. They work with the energy types and is a good starter and decent early attacker (Chimecho).

6. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

What should I take out?

7. Prime

Are you running 3 Golbat because it's a decent middle stage? You could probably cut 1 of those. I'd suggest 4 Chingling and 2 Chimecho just for testing. You could probably get away with dropping the Crobat line down 1 each. Your never going to want 4 Crobat out at the same time. And you probably will be bouncing Crobats to your deck and hand a lot.

I don't know what you could drop. Warp Point looks fishy though.

8. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

gengar is from MT? I thought it was dp? any way -1 warp point + 1 mentor

love the name btw!

9. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

BBC: changed the mt to dp, and made the trainer adjustment. Thanks!

Anything else?

10. Skull Bash

Skull Bash New Member

I don't see the point of Rowan. I would just run Team Galactic's Bet over it, which can cause in some hand renewal, and also some disruption as this deck should have. I would also just run 3 mentor and no great ball also, but I guess it's all preference. The rest looks good, but I would consider some alternate draw other than Steven's for situations where you can't use it.

11. mila

mila New Member

1-1 croagunk :)

chingling is not good, riolu + pluspower for t1 win.. i think you better use girafarig mt or something

12. Prime

Skull Bash: I think I may have influenced KG's use of Stevens and Rowan. They work very well together. One turn you use Rowan, keeping Stevens in your hand and draw 4, and next turn you can use Stevens without worry. This even works if you keep any card in your hand and draw into the Stevens in the 4 cards. It helps keep you drawing without limitations. 3-3 might be too much, but I don't think they need to be cut all together. Team Galaxy's Wager does sound like a good idea in any kind of disruption deck.

13. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

I changed the Draw from 3-3 Rowan/Steven to 2-2-2 Rowan/Steven/Team Galactic.

Chingling might be OK, but I wouldn't want 4 since it's only good for 1 turn, 2 at most. Girafarig is kind of limited, IMO, and also weak to Psychic. Mawile seems better for searching for Trainers, and Luvdisc seems better for jump-starting the bench. However, I still don't want 4 starters, and Luvdisc has the most use of these in later game play.

Toxicroak is cool, no doubt, but it doesn't help my opening even though Croagunk might be good disruption, tho flippy.

What do you think?

14. Blassari

Blassari New Member

Where are your Phoebe's Stadium?

15. Prime

I still don't see Toxicroak's poke-body coming into use at all.

16. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

I don't really need Phoebe's since Gengar is 1 retreat and Crobat is zero.

I'm thinking that I don't need SSU - any suggestions for better traienrs? ER2?

17. mila

mila New Member

you can add mr mime to stall after a crobat shuffled

18. KingGengar

KingGengar New Member

I had 1 Mr Mime in my original list, but I wondered if 1 would be enough. Then, if I run 4 Mime and just a line of Crobat, I've limited myself Weakness-wise. Still possible I might squeeze one in for tech.

19. Prime

Crobar....isn't...a....deck.....:p

Phoebe would be neat with mr. mime to give him free retreat so you could stall with him and then free retreat back without having to spend any kind of energy on mime.

20. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

Mr. Mime evolved from Mime Jr. likes DRE too. Limits him to doing only 10 to self on a bad flip.

Anyway I played a test Crobat deck tonight & it was a blast. Fun card. Had Ching/Chime as staters & I teamed the Bat with Wigglytuff who was used in a 2-2 line as a staller & draw card to get the bats back out. Mario would eat Tuff alive but he's OK against a lot of other matchups. I like Gengar ... but I don't like a deck with 2 stage twos, no starter, and no searcher. IMHO you need either Queen d, Delcatty, or Blissey if you want to run both the Bat and Gengar together. I also think that other attackers like the afore mentioned tuff, Alakazam, or whatnot wouldn't be bad either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.