8 league13 468 60
  1. AbsolutelyNobody

AbsolutelyNobody New Member

Good (insert time of day here) to you. I have been trading like mad to get the crobat for a disruption deck. I am currently thinking that I should use the rare mightyenna(sp) and possibly murkrow. Unfortuneatly, I have a low surplus of cards in Sky, SS, and Dragons. I have heard of people using a noctowl or something. Could anyone post why they use a noctowl, as I have none? It can be very short, and if you could include the set it would be helpful. Any help appriciated! Thanks in Advance. :)

2. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Noctowl discards a trainer, but it got taken out of the loop whenModified got changed to E-on. I suggest Absol and Murkrow for the Pokemon if ur going after disruption. I would also use the Shaman/Birch combo for further disruption along with the ever popular Oracle/PokeNav combo for getting the Darkness energy. Hope I helped!
    -Swampert

3. AbsolutelyNobody

Oh, It was the Neo Genesis noctowl? I have about 50 of those... Anyway, thanks a lot! :D

4. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

simple advice

ok if your going for a crobat given this is for eon-modified you need to include at least two weakness gaurd's all the gardevoir gardevoir ex wobbuffet and mewtwo ex running right now is ungodly so make sure you have protection;)

5. AbsolutelyNobody

Ahh...Weakness Guard. A tricky card to play, but I'll try it. That was what mightyenna was for w/psy resist. Gardevoir isn't popular here (partly because out of 6-7 players, I am the only one with the cards that could build a gardevoir deck.) Thanks Anyway

Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  6. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

That's what Absol and Murkrow are for! Duh! lol
    -Swampert

7. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

snicker snicker

but weakness gaurd might actually do more for you tho it only reduces damage done by 30 and a gard ex the way i play it is gonna have plenty of energy on it :D

8. Pablo

Pablo New Member

weakness guard is a waste of space, gardy can easily deal 90 damage to ko crobat with weakness guard attached, itll just force it to play a boost or something. in my opinion, crobat is not viable at the moment.

9. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

i agree

i agree crobat isnt any good right now but that wasnt the original question so it wasnt a matter of crobat being any good =/

10. nikePK

nikePK New Member

I think Crobat can work, you deny their evolutions. HOw you going to get a gardy up when you're being Shaman'd and having to keep on redrawing the stuff shuffled back into your deck. I really like AQ Umbreon with Crobat. A fast one of those is a nice attacker early on and it disrupts like mad. You might also try Mightyena, but I dont think its as fast or as good.

GL with whatever you try. Crobat's a bench sitter, not a very good attacker. Run Umbreon and maybe a few bbp or another stage 1 grass like Ninjask/Shedinja... I dunno lol.

11. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I disagree with Crobat not being a good attacker.... GCC for 80,40, or cofusion + Poison. But yeah, it is mostly swarm Crobats on bench, and stop evos from seeing play.

Combos with....
    AQ Umbreon
    RuSa Mightyena (holo)
    Shaman
    SS Murkrow
    Armoldo (its 2 stage 2's, but it = no supporters + hard to evolve)

I think there may be a few others, but cant recall them right know

12. AbsolutelyNobody

Wow, 10 posts. I'm so happy :rolleyes: Anyway, crobat is decently viable in my metagame. I am the only person that has been playing for more than a 7 months. Plus, I'm the only one playing e-on format, the others are either collectors and don't play, or, as I said earlier, only playing for about 1/2 a year. These people aren't playing real aggressive haymakers or other decks like big fire, gardevoir, or gatr. I've won each tourney we've had. This will be a fun deck to play, I think so I decided to build it. The few real hard players are in Sandy or Seattle (when they come down). Now, I'm looking for input, which should I go with, mightyenna or umbreon? I think I'll have a few murkrow/absol in it. As always, I would like a reason, not to sound rude, I hope. :) Thanks for all your posts!

13. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Umbreon. Definitely.

Mightyena's attack is better, but the disruption is based on a flip.

14. SwampertEX

SwampertEX New Member

Umbreon for its splashable attack and its power. As NikePK stated, Mighteyena is based on a flip and Umbreon is not. Be sure to use the SS Eevee. Happy building!
    -Swampert

PS- if u like I can build u a sample deck.

15. AbsolutelyNobody

Thanks, Gracias, Merci and all that. :D