crying for help with league

zell94606

United Collector's International
Address: 309 11th St. #101
City: oakland
State: California
Postal Code: 94607-4215
League Phone: 510-719-7852

This league has been unattended for a while.
I signed up as a professor to bring back the league, but i found that it is harder than i thought to organize the league.
Even assigning pop ID was hard. There were communication problems.
I ordered the kits and stuff but they didnt come yet. I have nothing to start the league with. I just dont know what to do.
Are there any professors or know anyone here that live around Oakland?

Which I could help you. But I and the rest of Team Shadow is about 500 miles+ too far north, lol. Good Luck. Just be patient. It takes a while to learn, but you'll get it.

patience.

I started league sept/oct 2003
for two months it was myself and my two boys and one other boy.
We started to bring a neighbor girl once and a while.

I did make some flyers and posted them in a store or two.
I made league into a fundraiser for local scouting also.
Now we have about 18-20 a week
had 48 at our Pre Releace and CC
several local players have traveled to other premier events
not bad for a very small town

Be patient and when only 2 players show up treat them loke kings. Be excited they are there.
If you have access to promos and cards give a few away to help their decks etc.
If they feel special they will return. Engage Parents of younger kids. They will return and bring little johnies friends next time etc.

Good Luck

zell94606: Out of curiosity, how long ago did you apply for an official League? I'm on the same boat just about waiting for my League Application, submitted over two weeks ago, to be confirmed. Unfortunately, PUI's offices were closed from Christmas through New Year's Day, so I'm afraid my Application was lost.

Leo: Kids are alawys welcome to play in my League. They may be young and playing with preconstructed theme decks, but they're taking necessary time to learn how the game works.

Leo said:
never... have kids in your leagues...i hate young kids...
we have about 6+ ppl every league week...
thus i got no choice but to battle a little kid in our league...
the kid used precon deck which are so...
easy...
- -;;
end up i got a bad name of battling the small avoid the bigs....
*blinks* "NEVER have kids in league"? WHAT?

Who are the future of this game, if not the 'kids'? And have you ever considered making a less 'killer', more 'fun' deck specifically to play against those 'kids' at league? Or use a themedeck yourself when playing them?

*sigh* :nonono:
'mom

Just got my kit yesterday, so PUI is back from vacation and shipping them out.

Leo: No kids? @_@ o_O X_X

i do need more patience. As for not letting kids come, that is harsh. but i do get ur point. sometimes it is very frustrating. They want some cards from you, i give. then all of them want some cards. It is hard to make all of them happy. I tried my best to make them feel welcome, but sometimes i seem to discourage them. The thing is that i am doing the league along. I need some help.
How is ur regular league day like? WHat do u do first? How do u keep it organized?
I applied for the league B4 chrismas i think the league is approve and all, but i didnt get the kits yet.
I need some prize support, cuz now my cards are running low and i have nothing to give out anymore.

Back