Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Curious About Victreebel

Everwind

I am just fascinated by Victreebel. Has anyone else considered building a deck around this card? I mean slow kill decks are never very popular but this card seems to be perfect in that you can really lock folks down with the energy removal aspect. Just having an attack that allows you to pick which pokemon they have is active is huge imho.

Off the top of my head I would think Aridos and Toxicroak would be perfect fits for this deck. The whole strategy would be to switch their active (since you get the choice) with a basic or support pokemon on the bench apply the burn/poison energy-less attack. If Toxi is on the bench as well as aridos unless they have a switch or warp they are not going anywhere. It is a lot of setup granted, but it seems it could work no?

Throw in a TS-2 De-Evolver for problamatic pokes and you can really cause some havok.

With the colorless attack this guy is a great tech it seems to me, especialy in a deck like Garchomp!

Thoughts? Opinions?

It really does have potential. I think it does need a little more help besides a single Ariados. However, that makes you Dusknoir weak.....

Maybe some SSU and Mesprit LA to annoy more.

And obviously Sceptile GE for Energy acceleration..

3-2-3 Vic
4-4 Weezing
3 Pachi
4 Call
4 Devoluter
4 SSU
3 Warp Point

Or You can go with the 2-1-2 Omastar for the Primal Swirl!

The Weezing is a must though over Ariados and Toxi just to get the extra Poison Damage Stack... So for no energy you can get (with 2 Weezing) 30 form Poison, 20 from Tails on Burn and then if they dont evo, get 30 more and possible 20 more for Burn. So 30+30+20+20=100.... Of course the Burn flips make it more interesting, but if you can get at least 60 stacked, Devoing will get you a prize on Candied Pokes!

GL!

Claydol's gonna need a cold spoon after Victreebel's done with it, know'm sayin? *wink wink*

IDK...Bel has one good thing going for it, but it has a lot of things to make up for. It's awesome at making a rag doll out of Claydol, but that's about it. The second attack is just about as useful in Twineedle in RockBand. Bellsprout and Weepinbell's attacks are all fairly bad, especially Bellsprout. Wow, your active can't use Powers for a turn...IF I FLIP HEADS! And 120 HP is almost considered low for a stage 2 nowadays, especially with no resistance, high retreat and weakness to Magmortar (who will see play, no matter how much Kingdra, Froslass or Empoleon are in the format).

But it does have a distinct advantage over Cradily in that it doesn't KO Claydol outright and leaves them with a useless Claydol in their active spot, meaning they have to burn a Warp Point to start attacking again.

4-2-4 Vickybell
3-3 Weezing MD
2-2 Claydol GE

TM Devo
Warps
Bebes
Roseannes
Night Maintenance
Cythanias
POV

Call
Grass
Psychic

it looks like Liability,but its just switch and build damage,then devolve.

I really think you need Toxicroak with the de-evolver otherwise evolving the poke will remove the poison or burn status.

Claydol's gonna need a cold spoon after Victreebel's done with it, know'm sayin? *wink wink*

IDK...Bel has one good thing going for it, but it has a lot of things to make up for. It's awesome at making a rag doll out of Claydol, but that's about it. The second attack is just about as useful in Twineedle in RockBand. Bellsprout and Weepinbell's attacks are all fairly bad, especially Bellsprout. Wow, your active can't use Powers for a turn...IF I FLIP HEADS! And 120 HP is almost considered low for a stage 2 nowadays, especially with no resistance, high retreat and weakness to Magmortar (who will see play, no matter how much Kingdra, Froslass or Empoleon are in the format).

But it does have a distinct advantage over Cradily in that it doesn't KO Claydol outright and leaves them with a useless Claydol in their active spot, meaning they have to burn a Warp Point to start attacking again.

Know what I'm saaaaaayin, M-Roc in the crizzy.

http://pokebeach.com/tcg/intense-fight-in-the-destroyed-sky said:
Heatran LV.X – Fire – HP120
Level Up

Poke-Body: Heat Metal
Even if your opponent’s Burned Pokemon Evolve, Devolve, or Level Up, the Burn isn’t removed. In between turns, treat all of your opponent’s Burn flips as tails.

Poke-Power: Heat Wave
You can use this Power once at the end of your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench. Choose up to 2 Basic Energy cards that were discarded by the attack of your Fire-type or Steel-type Active Pokemon on this turn, and reattach them to that Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

Now THAT is damage stack!

Back