Curious!!!

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Vegeta ss4, Dec 5, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

Well one of my friends asked me why there hasn't been a trainer card named after Ash? Now I don't know if there ever was a card named after him but he has been in this game since the start and swears there has never been a card named after Ash(The Main Character)
    Was there ever a card named after him, if not, why?
    I know this is very random and this prolly belongs in Random Topic Center but, this is a collecting question.:lol:

2. Absoltrainer

Absoltrainer Active Member

Because Pokemon the TCG is based off the Video Game not the anime. The Anime and TCG have nothing to do with each other, cept the fact that's it's pokemon.

The only exception to this is is VS promo series that include Ash's Phanpy, Kidd's Weavile, and a few others.

3. JandPDS

JandPDS New Member

No there has not been any Ash Pokemon Cards

Nor has there ever been an "Ash's (Pokemon). I was really hoping there would have been an Ash's Picakachu * That had 80 HP and could do `120 Damage for 3 Electric Energy or something like that.
    But no such luck as * Pokemon are no longer being made.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  4. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

OH!!!!!!!!!
    lol, ya I didn't know that!!!
    That makes since then!!!!

5. Absoltrainer

Absoltrainer Active Member

6. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

Why hasn't there been a card series for Chuck Norris? Or Jesus? They should get a set before Ash should.

7. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

edit: hahaha yea!^

i dont know what the weaviles body is, but if its not good then that cards a piece of crap!

8. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Well, at least it appears to be a Basic Pokemon, but still :lol:.

9. Pokemon No Baka

Pokemon No Baka New Member

10. taurik

taurik New Member

Were Brock and Misty in the video games? I'm sure I remember seeing versions of pokemon with their names. What about Team Rocket? Are they in the VGs?

11. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

...Yes. All of them were.

12. charmander rox

charmander rox New Member

They were in the Gym Heroes and Gym... something.

13. SPARTA

SPARTA New Member

He said the Video Games....

14. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Weavile's body? Magic Condition? Uh, it has something to do with flipping 2 coins, I'm assuming. Up for flipping? [del]What do you mean it doesn't look good? You KNOW you want to do 20 damage for 2 colorless energy on a basic dark type...!
    Not to mention that Satoshi's Phanpy seems even less attractive, with the typical collect attack and a 30 damage, flip if tails do 10 damage to self attack[/del]

15. votalesin

votalesin New Member

*opens kana handbook*

satoshi no gomazou

The 'no' symbol (4th from the left) is a particle marker for ownership of something. Gomazou is Phanpy's name in Japanese.

So there actually has not been a "Ash's pokemon" as of yet, just a Satoshi pokemon.

Pop quiz: Haruna no Pochama

First one to know what it is without looking up Bulbapedia gets a cookie!

16. DarkJake

DarkJake New Member

Dawn's Piplup

17. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Isn't Dawn's Japanese name Hikari, not Haruna?

18. DarkJake

DarkJake New Member

yeah I don't watch this garbage show so I dunno

19. votalesin

votalesin New Member

Yes it is Hikari. I was on an Initial D binge so I had Mount Haruna on the brain when I typed it.

DarkJake: For not watching the show, you were the first to answer correctly, even though the clue was wrong. You sure you don't secretly love watching it?

20. DarkJake

DarkJake New Member

I've glanced at it while my sister was watching enough times to know Dawn has a Piplup, sufficient information to answer your riddle, yet not sufficient enough to find me guilty.