Custom Sleeves?

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Ascension, Apr 16, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Ascension

Ascension New Member

Does anybody know if you can have personalized sleeves with a picture that you choose? I have heard people talk about personalized dice. So anything about sleeves?

2. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Nope. The only sleeve backs with symbols or pictures allowed at tournaments are officially made Pokemon brand ones.

3. Gigabyte

Gigabyte New Member

I have not seen custom dice, and no i dont think you can get custom sleeves.

4. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

Yeah, most people would know if such a thing existed. But it would be cool, wouldn't it??

5. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

haha, I was talking with Kason Day and some other cool Springfield Missouri players, and we were asking this same question. We had such a cute idea, but we did question whether it was appropriate or not....

I think custom sleeves should be allowed, if somehow we can get it approved by OP.

I was also wondering if it is possible to customise the sleeves that are legal by engraving an image on the sleeves.

6. evil psyduck

evil psyduck Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

I believe that is wrong. The requirement is that it must have a solid color border completely around the border of the card. In other words no part of the picture or design can go to the edge of the sleeve. I have seen non pokemon sleeves with pics allowed at tourneys.

7. Jason

Jason New Member

Pink sleeves would be schweet. I would like a pink coloured pokeball sleeves xD

8. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/tournaments/docs/2007-2008/Tournament_Rules.pdf

'mom

9. Vegeta ss4

Vegeta ss4 Iron Chef Leader

• The use of sleeves with any form of pattern or artwork on the back of the
    sleeve is strictly prohibited at all Premier Events, unless the sleeve is an
    official Pokémon sleeve, where the color along all four edges of the sleeve
    is identical.

Ummm, what if you could make a sleeve match the edges of the other sleeves to be identical.
    Just to let you know, I can make custom sleeves and make them better than what we get now, short ended sleeves, decnts on the sleeves when we get them.
    TBH, I don't see the problem in using any sleeve we want, if your opponent cuts your deck, whats the big deal?

10. Docfrost

Docfrost New Member

The problem with custom sleeves is who is controlling the artwork. Some of the non-custom sleeves used for other games have some inappropriate artwork for pokemon players (and for other ccg games as well). Since what is deemed as appropriate is relative, it is much easier to let Pokemon decide by releasing official sleeves, with artwork, and allowing us to use them.

11. poketo

poketo New Member