Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dark Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everwind

I have modified my Darwind deck, which got 7th of a 30 at the recent battle roads. I wanted something more reliable and quicker to attack. I think I have found the answer but would appreciate some comments and suggestions. With that said:

Pokemon
2 x Darkrai - GE-4
2 x Darkrai LV.X - GE-104
3 x Sneasel - DP-100
3 x Weavile - SW-40
4 x Regigigas - LA-37
2 x Baltoy - GE-60
2 x Claydol - GE-15
2 x Chatot - MD-55

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium
4 x Bebe's Search - SW-119
4 x Roseanne's Research - SW-125
3 x Energy Switch - DP-107
4 x Warp Point - MD-88
4 x Professor Oak's Visit - SW-122
2 x Night Maintenance - SW-120
1 x Premier Ball - GE-101
2 x Snowpoint Temple - LA-134

Energy
4 x Darkness Energy - Special - MD-93
12 x Darkness Energy - Basic

Strategy: The key to this deck is Weavile. Using his poke power he turns Regigas, or Chatot in a pinch Dark so that they can take advantage of the damage boosting ability of either Special Darks or if Darkrai Lvl X is down all dark energy.

Weavile can charge Regigigas with 2 special darks using his Shadow Charge. Quickly

What this does is turn Gigaton Punch from 60+ 20 to optimaly 60 + 30 (from dark energies) + 20 +20 to the bench. Best case with flip 110+ 20 to a bench poke. More than likely it will work out around 80 points an attack.

Darkrai is there for his pokebody and to deal with dififcult mobs with Endless Slumber which is a fantastic attack!

Chatot is in there for smoothing and to help deal with fighting type heavy decks as the key pokes are all weak to fighting types.

Snowpoint is to help make Dark/Regi/Chatot a little more buff.

I saw the value in energy switch in the last battle roads. Pokes that looked to be weak or unable to be attacked suddenly became a threat.

Moonlight is an option to deal with Regi's heavy retreat cost, but I am not a fan of this. That is why I have 4 Warps. That and to deal with unexpected threats that I may not be ready to deal with at the moment.

If I had any Cynthia's I might use them over Prof Oaks, but PO is a good staple.

While MewTwo is a great card, I can't imagine it works well with Weavile. The damage boost would be minor and the dilution of the dark energy with Psychic would hurt consistency. With Regi, he can use the dark no problem, he is a basic for faster set up. His big drawback as I am finding is his 4 retreat cost.

I ran this deck with Togekiss and that helped speed things up a bit. It took up a good chunk of deck space though, so it's a risky trade off.

Dude, no. Gigas is a part of the reason for Snowpoint. And it does the most damage out of the entire deck. Maybe a 2-2 line for late game, but not the focus of the deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back