Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Dark 'Plume v.1.1 for Unlimited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, this is my Dark 'Plume deck, undefeated so far in the little tournament play it's seen(4-0). In casual I like to mess around with new strategies, so my record there isn't quite as solid. ^_^

Anyway, here's the deck...

Pokemon(18)

4 Oddish(3 Rocket, 1 Jungle)
4 Dark Vileplume
4 Electabuzz
3 Scyther
2 Cleffa
1 Tyrogue

Trainers(21)

3 Oak
3 The Boss's Way
3 Comp. Search
3 Item Finder
3 Poke Breeder
2 Switch
2 Lass
1 Rocket's Hideout
1 Town Voulnteers

Energy(21)

8 Grass
8 Electric
3 DCE
2 Full Heal Energy

Alright, now for the general strategy. Basically, I'm looking for turn 2 'Plume. Between Comp, Oak, Way, Breeder and Item, I can get the cards I need easily. The other Trainers are either tech, personal staples, or a way to cover myself if I get screwed(Lass). As for Pokemon, the Rocket Oddish is easily the best Oddish. Automatic status can mess with Poke-Powers, stall, and can be sacrificed in order to mess up an opponent. I only have 3 though, so I also play a Jungle one. Scyther is utility, and just benefits from Grass in such a way that he needs to be here. 'Buzz is quick damage and more status. Very nice. Tyrogue is purely tech to take out 'Buzz and other threats like it. Cleffa is so important...hand changing without Trainers is a must. Energy is self-explanatory, and I need the Full Heal energy to help with any status that I might encounter while I have 'Plume.

Any thoughts or additions are appreciated. If you want me to add something though, support it...I don't want to be told to add something for no reason. ^_^

Nice deck but I would cut down on grass energy and play more trainers. I think there is no need to attack with D.vileplume
good luck

Uh... Play more trainers in a Dark Vile deck?

Remember, Dark Vileplume takes out trainers completely, no coin flips. BUT, it applies to BOTH players. Once Dark 'Plume is out, all trainers are GONE.

And he's never going to attack with Dark Vileplume. That's why the he has Scyther/Electabuzz.

Well, I was considering a 9/7 or 10/6 Electric/Grass ratio, but everything seems to work right with 8/8. I'm insane and I use Rocket Oddish even when I have 'Plume sometimes, so maybe that's why I like the 8/8 setup. Plus, I can use Grass on everyone in my deck, so it makes perfect sense. Dark Gloom would be nice, but this deck relies on speed. It would have to be in there, but since my area has zero anti-Power/Trainer going on, 3 Breeder is all I need. I could play another Scyther, but 15 basic seems like a but much...sometimes I end up with 3 spare basics in a hand, and I don't need more. I would have to take out 'Rogue then to keep basics at a solid amount, and I love 'Rogue. Oh yea, and there are no Trainers that I can possibly fit in there without them being useless to some extent. Great ideas though, but they just don't quite suit me. I've always considered Dark Gloom though...

OK, but did you know you can use dark glooms pokemon power to confuse your own Dark vileplume so that you can play trainers. And after you confuse D.plume and are done playing your trainer's just play switch to end the effect, therefore allowing you to play trainer's but not your opponent.

Yea, but I have no Trainers that I would need to use with Powers off. That would require a completely different build, which isn't what I'm going for. From the surface it looks like a minor change, but if you think about it, the Trainer engine would need to be completely redone.

It's cool. That's just how I used to play this deck and was effective.
You got a good deck though, and I hope you keep improving it no matter how long. I've had my dark wiggly deck for about a year now and I am still improving it. Good luck

Yea, I enjoyed that Dark Wiggly concept. That deck could give anything a run for its money(using WOTC rules of course). I would do the Dark Gloom idea, but I don't think that I would be able to maximize its potential at this point. Thanks for all of the insight though. ^_^

Thanx for the thought on my Dark Wiggly deck. And your deck is built well. Everyone play's each deck a different way, that's what makes the game so fun.

I'm sure it would be a great battle. And I will accept any challenge. Maybe some day we will battle in a future tournament.

I would add in Murkrow and darkness/rainbow energy. Lock in there small pokemon with Murkrow and knock off there bench. With D Vileplume out, they cant use trainers to move there pokemon... They would need warp or cyclone energy......

Murkrow is a good combo with Dark vileplume. But you would have to make a few changes if you played murkrow.
Murkrow-lock thier cleffa

Yea, that could work also. Problem is, I don't have any of the cards for that...

Anyway, Am Pm(and anyone else interested), I'm probably going to arrange an upcoming AIM tournament for next Saturday. If you have AIM and want to play, I hope you show up. ^_^

Yea, I know, you're gonna bag on me for not using Apprentice...please don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back