Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DBZ movies. Whatcha Think?

Dek

Well, during this entire month, Cartoon Network has been playing some DBZ movies on Toonami. IMO, these are some pretty interesting movies.
here is the line-up:

Sept. 5- Bardock: The Father of Goku (pretty good for 1st time)
Sept. 12- The History of Trunks (saw it before, but still good)
Sept. 19- Cooler's Revenge (good one for seeing it the first time)
Sept. 26- The Return of Cooler (coming soon. Looks interesting)

They're one-hour long movies, which is pretty good. Although there is a lot of talking and Flashbacks, it is still good. There is even some SSJ action in the final 3 movies. So, what are your opinions about the movies?

The return of cooler? I won't spoil anything for anyone, but how on EARTH does he come back after that finish from the last movie? :eek:

Actually, the one thing I don't like about DBZ is that they stretch things out a bit. The movies, being confined to a few hours, eliminate this entirely. I like them.

Most of the DBZ Movies are decent, but some are in turn really bad. Although Return of Cooler is like the 2nd best out of all the DBZ Movies/Specials.

What seems strange to me is that Funimation has released DBZ Movies 1-8 so far (in english), so they got 5 movies left to do, despite the fact that CN finished up DBZ a while ago.

The only question I have about these movies is where they take place in the story. That is, IF they take place during the story.

As for The Return of Cooler, it's probably the same story as Freiza. By that, I mean that Feiza and Cooler can probably survive in outer space. I remember Freiza saying to Goku that even if planet Namek were to blow up, Freiza would still survive cuz he can live in space.

Anyways, has anyone heard anyhting as to when DBGT might come out? (Then again, anyone know what GT stands for?)

Well, the movies don't take place in proper storyline.

Like "The World's Strongest". If I recall, goku uses that Kayoken (NO idea how to properly spell that) attack, which would mean it's AFTER the Saiyajin Saga, and before the Namek Saga. Can't be done, Goku was still in the hospital when Krillen/Gohan left for Namek.

I think Cooler's Revenge could work though. There are a few errors, but it could considerably take place after Trunk's first visit. Y'know, the three year wait for the Androids when Goku and friends were training/preparing for their arrival.

AND If I recall correctly, GT stands for "Grand Tour".

well, ya got a point there about Cooler's Revenge, but just remember. In the series, Goku said to Trunks that he was able to change into SSJ whenever he wanted to. In Cooler's Revenge, however, he only changed into a SSJ because he saw a dead bird that reminded him of everyone that he would let down if Cooler destroys Earth. This WOULD be the second time that he accessed it due to anger.

Then again, we could watch all 250+ episodes in Japanese and see what they REALLY say. As for GT, I heard it stood for "Gotenks/Trunks" cuz the main plot was about those two guys (that and the fact that Goku and Vegeta turn into SSJ4's)

Last edited:
Spoiler Alert! (For those who haven't the faintest about GT. ;))

That's probably good.

That's not Gotenks, that's Goku. Pilaf (Yes, PILAF) uses the Dragonballs to wish Goku into a child again. Also, pan is in the storyline, so they'd have to include her if they used that reasoning for "GT".

Last edited:
Well, I do remember that Pan is in the storyline, and I do remember that Goku gets transformed into a kid again (may I also add he is STILL a SSJ3), But PILAF? When in the Bloody heck does the overgrown Smurf come back?

Yeah, GT = Grand Tour

Pilaf comes back because he's found out about the Black-Star Dragonballs, he collects them and wishes for Goku to become a child again.

Goku tries going SSJ3, but his smaller body can't, hold the power for very long, and that's basically when he turns Golden Oozaru, and after he reverts back he's in his SSJ4 form.

And just as a note, none of the DBZ movies fit in with anime's storyline, there's at least one thing in all 13 of them that doesn't fit.

I just saw The Return of Cooloer today, and OMG, it was awsome. It had to be the best out of all the DBZ movies I ever saw.

i gotta say that "Cooler's Revenge" was subpar for a few reasons.

1. the title...shouldnt it be cooler's vengence since he cant get revenge for harm not inflicted on him...by definition it would be vengence, which is like taking revenge in the place of someone who revenge applies to.

2. the music. they tried a bit too hard with the music. it didnt even go. same thing with trunks' movie. the music+vocals from the song dont fit with the scenes. Cooler2 utilizes new music very well. it fits pretty well.

3. took a bit too long for stuff to happen. i dunno. its in my opinion so therefore i must be right. jk!

Back