Deck For FL States

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Dark Sneasel, Apr 13, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sneasel

Dark Sneasel New Member

My Deck for States
    In Florida to many people play BAR
    So Im gonna play Swampert

Pokemon(20):
    4x Mudkip (Promo)
    2x Marshtop
    3x Swampert (Water Call)
    2x Swampert EX
    3x Suicune EX
    2x Wobbufet
    4x Dunsparce

Trainers(20):
    3x POR
    3x Copycat
    4x Rare Candy
    2x Oracle
    4x TV Reporter
    2x Warp Point
    2x Crystal Shard

Energy (20):
    16x Water
    4x Multi

Last edited: Apr 13, 2004
  2. Gardevoir

Gardevoir New Member

kill the hitmochans thats for sure.

please refer to Kyogre's post w/ Swampert/Suicune EX

Your decks are identical cept his has -2 hitmochan/-4 fighting energy, +4 pokereversals/+2 water

Read all our comments @ his post

3. Dark Sneasel

Dark Sneasel New Member

Thats funny that ours are the same, i'll try to change my up with a twist

4. Gardevoir

Gardevoir New Member

Yeah.. I hate having to play the same deck as someone else :)

A slight change could actually give yours the upperhand - who knows :p

5. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

Have you tried fisherman

6. Gardevoir

Gardevoir New Member

Are you serious ?

A fisherman will only slow down his deck, not make it better.

7. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Um...Fisherman is a tECh card. Do you know what a tECh card is? Let me explain:
    -Usually used only in one, sometimes two copies to help the deck out in:
    a) a matchup against its weakness (Kingdra tEChs in Meditite to kill off Amphy)
    b) a situation the deck might not get into, but it's a possibility that would hinder the deck, and therefore a copy is included in case of this situation (energy in the discard)

Because of Swampert's Water Call power, which in case you are not aware, attaches energy from the HAND, and since Fisherman brings energy from the discard back to the HAND, Fisherman will be a perfectly acceptable card in this deck.

Was that a good explanation? In case you didn't understand, let me dim it down: Fisherman is a good card to put in this deck. It could fit in this version of Mizoguguro or w/e, because there isn't any speed whatsoever in the deck. To add speed, throw in a Delcatty line and a Magneton line, which many people have done and it's been proved succesful. Here's a standard list:

Pokemon: 23
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    2 Magnemite
    2 Magneton
    3 Mudkip
    1 Marshtomp
    3 Swampert
    1 Swampert ex
    3 Suicune ex

Energy: 17
    15 Water
    2 Multi

Trainers: 20
    4 Reporter
    2 Shaman
    2 POR
    4 Oracle
    2 Shard
    3 Candy
    2 Warp Point
    1 TOWN VOLUNTEERS, A tECh CARD!

This is a standard list, pretty much universal, like Blaziquaza. Everybody plays basically the same list. I haven't seen many good straight Swampert/Cune decks. They need speed, and the KittyTon combo provides it.

Wooper

8. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I agree with Wooper that Magneton/Delcatty is the better way to go. Though that Swampert list is far from universal. I have a Swampert list that is very different even before I added Reversals.

9. Krayzie

Krayzie New Member

=\

AWWWW, I love you too jermy.Just because you cant beat me on APPR doesnt mean Im Satan Reincarnated.And if it wasnt for you jermy ppl wouldnt have to play counters for BAR,but w/e.

Like I said before,they are only /will be only 5-7 good Blaze decks MAX @ florida states.I'd say one Perfect version but I sadly wont be using Blaze.its TOO easy to win with it.and 14 under is a Joke.

10. Gardevoir

Gardevoir New Member

obv he changed the whole entire deck from when you saw it. When I first posted that message it was going towards his ORIGINAL deck - the one w/ hitmonchans. nice try anyway.

11. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Hey Dark Sneasel. I'll be playing in the States too. Hope to see you there. Good deck. I like it, as much as I do my own. But I wonder, what do you think will make more of a showing, BAR or Nineken?

12. sneaselsrevenge

sneaselsrevenge New Member

Now that our states is over, BAR made a huge showing, but not as much as I thought. I used a deck similar to this DS, but nowhere near as well built. The only thing I could thinkmof is maybe drop 2 'sparce for a couple Switch or Reversal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.