Decks seen at BR autumn?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by pokemonfreak, Jul 7, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. pokemonfreak

pokemonfreak New Member

With legends awakened coming out, it makes you wonder, what are the decks coming into play, so post what you think below, thanks!

2. Brawler

Brawler <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Magnevire, Kingdra, Grou-donk, some Empo vareints, Blissey vareints, Rogues, Laturn/Cruel,
    many others.

3. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

The most popular decks will be Kingdra and Uma, obviously. A small list of decks that might see some play:

Polideck
    Gliscor
    Froslass aka "Super Mario"
    Deoxys.dec
    Groudonk
    Blissey
    Torterra/Sceptile
    RockBand
    Luxray
    Mewtwo
    Bell/Plume
    Magnevire
    Maglutions
    Empoleon
    crippled GG
    Kabulock
    Armaldo

...wasn't so small lol. My guess is that this season we will have that wide-open metagame everybody's been begging for, at least until Cities.

4. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

You forgot AMU. Im sure it will see some play.

5. mca3

mca3 New Member

He did state Kindra AND UMA, he just worded it differntly!

6. Sandslash7

Sandslash7 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

He mentioned that along with Kingdra at the top.

I can see Pixies + Kingdra the main decks, along with Empo and some people trying to hang on to GG/Plox.

7. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

Togechomp
    Bad version GG
    Magmalutions
    Vileplume/Bellosum
    Shedninja
    Kingdra
    Pixies
    Blissey Variants
    Sausage(Banbliss)
    Empoleon/Edgar
    Magnevire
    Grou Donk
    Super Spread(Kyogre)
    Lighthouse(Laturn/Cruel)
    Gliscor
    Flytrap(Victrebel)
    Fossils
    Artimethic
    Armaldo
    Rhyperior
    Leafeon X Varients
    Rayquaza
    Metagross
    Mewtwo X

thats what I think its probably more but just off the top of my head.

8. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

It isnt hard to build a deck that works.Majority of the ones I listed where used this season and showed good results.the other ones are good cards that will see play.lol when you post,its always humorous to me.:lol:

9. Banette EX

Banette EX New Member

All the ones I listed arent bad,their average,you can always mix average cards with other average cards and still get a decent deck. Most arent broken,but they can win games with the right build. Every card has its on purpose,they arent bad at all. Tell Colin who played Toterrible at Nats that Toterra is bad,then he can just say,yea its so bad,thats why I got T4 with it.

10. homeofmew

homeofmew Active Member

I want to play faeries.dec :/

11. DeathBerry

DeathBerry New Member

w00t. Hey, I cannot believe this! You of all people, forgetting SKITTLES on that list! :eek:

12. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Skittles will definitely see play i'm thinking.

There is a huge list of decks we could see at BR simply because, It's a BR, especially after LA coming out, there are SO MANY different decks that everyone is going to want to play.

13. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

Skittles...meh. It's an old deck and there's just SO MUCH STUFF in the new set that I think we can set it aside for now.

I just hate having a build that doesn't set up turn 2, or whiffing on SG or P. Turn of Air Scroll flips, or getting 3 TOGEPIS PRIZED...

And it was much better before MD anyways. It's as good as dead in this meta and in DP-on.

14. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Why do people need to use donk decks? Yes it won a few things but over all was a very luck based deck. There is also the fact that several of the cards in MD destroy Ho-oh, even if it gets the flip.

BTW, for anyone who wants to donk the heck out of people just wait a while for the new Infernape. >.< Now THAT is a card that should be banned.... better yet never printed. Why do we need need such luck based donk cards? blehh

15. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Because Japan wants to print them because it makes the game more fun >.>

Anyway, Skittles IMO isn't a donk deck, it beat me in the Friday Modified making a huge comeback (i only needed 1 more basic dark also)

IMO, i think that Skittles will see alot more play in DP-On than in HP-On

16. vanderbilt_grad

vanderbilt_grad New Member

I don't particularly like the donk win ... but I hate the timed loss even more. Given a choice between a fast deck and a slower one I'll generally opt for the faster. Skittles can donk, but I like it's speed more than it's donks. With Kingdra, Starmie, and even Lanturn it's a fairly risky play but I'll probably give it a shot in at least one BR. I suspect that we will also see some metal in play (Magnezone?) as a counter to both AMU and Kingdra and Skittles would do well against that.

17. smacktack15

smacktack15 New Member

I am liking this format because many decks will win. Of course some will be more possible than others but, I have found a good 8 decks for myself to play very competitively. This is going to be one fun year especially with the set that comes out before CC's. I now have to make a very techy deck:p

18. RareHunta

RareHunta New Member

Alot of good decks are good but I think there will be some secret decks like Darkrai X since the new darkrai promo came out.

My List

empoleon varients
    skittles
    secret decks
    maybe rhyperior and kingdra(like I said maybe)
    Bad version of GG and Plox
    Some form of eeveelution deck
    rayquaza
    mewtwo X
    This is all I can think of right now

19. Vengence Dragon

Vengence Dragon New Member

I can see

Toadstool
    King
    AMU
    Tentacruel/Lanturn
    Atom Bomb (Dragonite spread)
    Luxray
    Empoleon varients
    Secret decks (my team will have one)
    EV
    Armaldo
    T2 decks(maybe kricketune)
    a lot of other decks but I can't name all of them

Amazing how 1 new set and the loss of DRE make the deck pool so much bigger

20. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

I doubted Yanmega/Dragonite, but it's amazing. It's quite possibly the best deck with Omastar in it. Not that Dragonite can't take 3 or 4 prizes at once by itself...

I'm waiting to see what kind of shenanigans Armaldo can pull off. Lots of the decks we're seeing are pretty focused on cheap early damage, and there's not much that can do enough to OHKO it other than BellPlume. There's seriously too much stuff to test in this set it's ridiculous.