Dewgong, the wnb Wailord

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Steve=0, Mar 15, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve=0

Steve=0 New Member

Deck based in one of my faves, Dewgong.

Pokémon:

3x Pachirisu GE
    3x Seel MT
    3x Dewgong MT
    2x Jigglypuff GE
    2x Wigglytuff GE
    2x Natu SW
    2x Xatu SW
    1x Mantyke DP
    1x Mantine MT

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

1x Castaway
    1x Scott
    4x Celio's Network
    2x Copycat
    1x Team Galactic's Wager
    3x Professor Oak's Visit
    4x Steven's Advice
    2x Roseanne's Research

1x Night Maintenance
    1x Crystal Shard
    1x Warp Point
    2x Leftovers
    2x Super Scoop Up

1x Lake Boundary
    1x Glacia's Stadium

Energys:

9x Water
    3x Double Rainbow Energy
    2x Scramble Energy

Cards:

Pachirisu:
    The best starter right now, thats how it works. I usually can start with it, then i use CFF and search for Seel, Natu and Jigglypuff. Second time I seach for Seel and Mantyke. After job is done i almost always let it die or let it stuck at active while Evolving and Energise my benched guys.

Seel:
    There are 2 Seels to choose from.

Df one is normal type, 40 HP, 2x Lighting Weakness, 1x Retreat, moves named Headbutt and Aurora Beam whose effects are 10&20 damage for 1&2 colorless energy.

Mt one is water type, 60 HP, +10 Metal Weakness, 2x Retreat, One move: Freezing heatbutt, what requires 2 energys (water/colorless) do 10 damage and change to paralyze.

I choosed a Mt one just because of Higher Hp, better weakness, and usually 0 retreat (mantine).
    Shame is it cant attack T1 but atleast it can prlz by its move.

Dewgong:
    Main "Attacker", who isnt that great on its own, so I pulled some other guys to assist it. He have good HP (atleast better than 80), and pretty cool Poke-Body. Cold Fat allows you to take -40 damage from every move hitting Dewgong when he is asleep. That is comboed by Xatu and Wigglytuff, who sleeps my opponent(and me if I am not ready to attack), and also get rid of my sleep when i need thanks to Xatu. Usually when i use Collapse, between turns we both flip a sleep coin. There's is now 1/4 change to both wake-up what is worst situation, But that 25% isnt that big. Best situation is when both is asleep (that means even if my opponent get rid of Sleep by Warp Point or something I still have Cold Fat working. Remember thy my opponent only have 25% to do fully successeful attack so I usually survive or he sleeps so I can repeat a Collapse my next turn :).

Dewgong also have a "good" weakness, better than lighting btw. I can rid off RC by Mantine.
    Dewgong DF is too bad to be useful.

Jigglypuff:
    Jiggly is never going to be active, so that is easier choise. I just picked a new one with better Hp and Weakness and somewhat ok attacks.

Wigglytuff:
    One of the main source of deck's Strategy, wiggly put my opponent (and me) to sleep too. It is important to pull he and Xatu along with Gong to use this deck well. You will rarely attack with he but sometimes it maybe be useful. The most Strategy of his job is listed in "Dewgong" article. CG one can be used but then i must pull off 3-3 line.

Natu:
    Naturally SW is much better , even when it cant use Future Sight. Bothering Wave ang Resistance are just awesome for a evolving basic.

Xatu:
    Last part of the main strategy. It wake-up Dewgong most the time when needed. Has also a good and sometimes useful sniping attack. Good +10 weakness and even better resistance is always welcome. RC and HP are decent.

Df Xatu sucks in this deck

Mantyke:
    Only one possible, but its pretty good.

Mantine:
    Tech to give Dewgong free RC.

Castaway:
    1 is usually enough to search what i need (leftovers/energy/crystal shard/supporter), but 2 is under test.

Scott:
    I need one of those to search for stadiums to rid off from Crystal beachies.

Celio:
    Do i even need to say why?

Copycat:
    Just a good card, that helped me a lot.

Wager: Tech and searchable by Castaway/Scott. Destroy my opponents hand but too risky to play more, without Claydol.

Steven:
    My favourite Supporter and Draw Card. Also even better thx to Pachi.

POV:
    Basic Draw

Roseanne:
    I dont need more when i play Pachi but possibility to search Waters is good.

Night Maintenance:
    1 is used in every almost every deck. Revive my fallen Dewgong/whatever.

Crystal Shard:
    Tech against Salamence and Water Resistance foes.

Warp Point:
    Tech to win games and switch starting Pachi, when needed to bench.

Leftovers:
    Adds some recovery to tankish Dewgong. Combos well when my opponent is asleep.

SSU:
    Another way to save Gongs life. Pachi can also be scooped.

Lake Boundary:
    Tech mostly against Magmortar and other fire types.

Glacia's Stadium:
    CB's are so annoying so i put another Stadium in, what helps against.... something.

Water:
    Basic Energy ftw. Source of all Strenght.

DRE:
    Fastens up Setup if my opponent is lucky flipping Sleep Heads. Xatu can abuse this.

Scramble:
    Surprise manner. Xatu can abuse this too (as can Wiggly&Evolved Mantine)

Phew. Changes anyone?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  2. ChicoBlanco

ChicoBlanco New Member

cool deck..
    why Crytal Shard tho?
    i'd prolly drop the Castaway and the Shard for another Scott & another Lake Boundry

3. Steve=0

Steve=0 New Member

Yes, shard isn't than nesessary. I will test those.

More changes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.