Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

DF deck boxes have not arrived

Pete De Shaw

Master Trainer
The Dragon Frontiers deck boxes are still in route from China. There is no chance that they will arrive in time for Prereleases. Dragon Frontiers Prereleases will have to go on with just the promo cards and pins. We apologize for any disappointment this causes. We are looking into a different commemorative item for future releases that has a shorter production time.

Pete De Shaw said:
The Dragon Frontiers deck boxes are still in route from China. There is no chance that they will arrive in time for Prereleases. Dragon Frontiers Prereleases will have to go on with just the promo cards and pins. We apologize for any disappointment this causes. We are looking into a different commemorative item for future releases that has a shorter production time.

What will be done with the DF Dbs?? Will there still be a way to get one??
Drew

Aww :frown: .

Rather than having a different item in the future, is there any way that the deck boxes could be made earlier so that they would get here in time? This way we could still get deck boxes. I've liked being able to get deck boxes at each prerelease.

COME ON, I thought you were joking when you said they may not make it:sadface:

So, do we need to pay 20$ for the pin?

DragoniteMaster said:
That sucks.

QFT

TheDarkTwins said:
What will be done with the DF Dbs?? Will there still be a way to get one??
Drew

Since this was the manufacturers fault, we will likely refuse the shipment, which means the boxes will be destroyed.

Ditto said:
Aww :frown: .

Rather than having a different item in the future, is there any way that the deck boxes could be made earlier so that they would get here in time? This way we could still get deck boxes. I've liked being able to get deck boxes at each prerelease.

The only way to start production earlier would be to not wait for the cool packaging art to come from Japan. I don’t think people would be very happy with the results. I also doubt that brand management would allow POP to create a commemorative item that was not tied to the set.

Our design and shipping departments have been complaining about the tightness of the production schedule and warning of potential problems for several releases. We were already looking at a replacement item before this happened.

twinkle said:
???, if there will be no deck boxes, will you be adding anything extra?

We don’t have plans to add anything extra, though I am still scrambling to find something we have in sufficient quantity. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to hold back the Prerelease shipments any longer. We need to send them out today or risk missing the first weekend’s events.

From one Shaw to another, I say, this is OK.

The deckboxes usually are not that good anyway.

What about Pokeball sleeves? I would love it if I could get some of those - release them in packs of like 20. Do different colors for different sets - maybe do Pokemon - like the Pikachu sleeves. Players love them. They are also more useful in my opinion. If you go to four pre-releases - you have 4 deckboxes. If you go to four pre-releases with sleeves instead, you have a set of something you can use plus some extras if they break.

Yeah, that sucks.
That was a big reason why I started attending pre-releases more often.
Not a big deal, if it was replaced by something.
but it's just dropped altogether.

Sabes que, pokeball sleeves would be a VERY good idea.
I just don't think it's be too easy for the distributors.

Why not ship them at a later time and have the PTOs hand them out at leagues to who played... they will have their POP IDs after all and know the attendance.

OMG! No deck boxes!
I'm quitting Pokemon!
Pete De Shaw said:
I also doubt that brand management would allow POP to create a commemorative item that was not tied to the set.
:confused: Why would they not allow that?

Oh wait, these are only the deckboxes, I read it wrong(DOH), I thought it said the boxes of cards.

I am so relived:smile:

Since this was the manufacturers fault, we will likely refuse the shipment, which means the boxes will be destroyed.

Please don't let that happen. It's a terrible waste of resources, and there are lots of us out there who really like the deckboxes. Can't the deckboxes be used for something else, like Player Rewards or other events?

Back